GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS Turbo TSI Intake Review

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Ok, took a 120 mile trip today and noticed almost a 3 mpg increase from what I was originally getting before. I got 27.1 mpg the day before the install and 30.3mpg today after the install. Not bad for mixed driving conditions. The conditions may vary from before and now but still, a very noticeable 3mpg increase is pretty nice.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Ok, took a 120 mile trip today and noticed almost a 3 mpg increase from what I was originally getting before. I got 27.1 mpg the day before the install and 30.3mpg today after the install. Not bad for mixed driving conditions. The conditions may vary from before and now but still, a very noticeable 3mpg increase is pretty nice.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

That's likely because it's running leaner. Any step up from the 2.6" ID stock MAF housing diameter will slow the airflow, reduce the MAF signal and result in Fuel trims going toward the lean side...The car can adapt to a point, but it is not optimum... Plus, a MAF placed after a tube bend will be subject to turbulence...This is why no one here is a fan of this Placement..

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Well those numbers could be off because it was a round trip on the highway. But nontheless, the car is getting better gas mileage. I noticed this exact same thing when i installed my carbonio on my 2.5l golf, if i remember correctly i got a 2.5mpg increase right off the bat with my carbonio. My guess would be the cooler air coming into the intake, not because its running leaner.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The second pipe(the one capped off) is for a Diverter Valve Relocation kit to the front... I dont have a noise pipe so im not sure how they connect. But i do own the same style CTS kit.