GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Guess the damage estimate...win a cookie...

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I'm still dying to know for some reason. Spill the beans!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Some of those predictions are cray, cray. 17K? 12K? Srsly? Can't believe it would come close to those numbers unless there's internal damage.

Oh yes it could come to that easily. I slid out on the ice and smacked a curb last winter in my TDI. Bent a control arm. Originally quoted $400 and wasn't even going to use insurance. All said and done the total came to over $10K and there wasn't even any frame damage. You really never know what they're gonna come up with. Regardless that looks expensive.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Too bad, glad there weren't any injuries, and the trooper only giving you a warning was a break for you. As you stated, you hit someone from the rear and it will fall on you.

Cost if it is a 2012, 7K, close call for total, and then possible insurance issues from the person who's car you hit.

Wish you well, we all need to stay back, for all of the unknown last minute moves other drivers make.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
All fixed, bitches! Front plate delete is a nice bonus.

Final cost = $5668.80.

Anyway, here are the winners.

This wouldn't happen to be going from I-84 to RT72 headed toward Bristol would it?

A new hood, fender, halogen headlight, bumper, assuming brand new parts from VW, with paint, I'd say $5,500. Plus another $150 for an alignment. Another 6-8 inches over and it'd be a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zef would've almost nailed it, but since it didn't need an alignment, his guess gets bumped down to 5.5K. So it ends in a tie. I seriously thought about sending you guys a box of your favorite cookies, but then the reality of sending something you would actually eat to a stranger on the net set in. Prob not a good idea on either end.

Very happy with the end result as I fully expected going to this shop. About as close to perfect work as you can get. I threw them some extra cash to take care of a few details on the front (i.e. paint the lip, spray and blend the right quarter due to all the road rash). So, in the end, the front is basically brand new. They even repainted my front left marker to match the tornado red without me even asking. Top notch. Top NOTCH!

I should've asked them to paint the GTI emblem in the front grille gloss black to match by black emblems, but I forgot. Oh well, maybe I'll just hit it with some plastidip or something.

Good to go for the next 125K...:D:cool:

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Nice job, picture looks good.

Caii

Final cost = $5668.80.

Zef would've almost nailed it, but since it didn't need an alignment, his guess gets bumped down to 5.5K. So it ends in a tie. I seriously thought about sending you guys a box of your favorite cookies, but then the reality of sending something you would actually eat to a stranger on the net set in. Prob not a good idea on either end.

Very happy with the end result as I fully expected going to this shop. About as close to perfect work as you can get. I threw them some extra cash to take care of a few details on the front (i.e. paint the lip, spray and blend the right quarter due to all the road rash). So, in the end, the front is basically brand new. They even repainted my front left marker to match the tornado red without me even asking. Top notch. Top NOTCH!

I should've asked them to paint the GTI emblem in the front grille gloss black to match by black emblems, but I forgot. Oh well, maybe I'll just hit it with some plastidip or something.

might actually need those cookies XD been craving some chewy chips ahoy ! LOL just saw now that i tied

zef

Drag Racing Champion

Final cost = $5668.80.

Bahaha, wooot. Car looks great!