GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rubbing with a friend in the back on dg springs?

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Get skinnier friends..

Davespence20

Ready to race!
Get skinnier friends..

Hahahah this.

But seriously I have euro flat fives and they are 18x8.5 et 45 with 225/40 tires and I have zero rubbing issues with rolled fenders. So roll you fenders and call it quits

dwgolf

Ready to race!
Hahahah this.

But seriously I have euro flat fives and they are 18x8.5 et 45 with 225/40 tires and I have zero rubbing issues with rolled fenders. So roll you fenders and call it quits

that's what I've been saying. Roll the fender. I do this for a living

EvoKnvl

Ready to race!
Is your rear subframe aligned? On my R, the passenger side sits slightly further out than my driver side. I was getting a slight rub until I re adjusted my preload. It's probably hitting the edge where the bumper and the Fender meet. There is a little piece of plastic/metal that sticks out and it gets hit.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Hahahah this.

Haha yea getting that done soon.

Is your rear subframe aligned? On my R, the passenger side sits slightly further out than my driver side. I was getting a slight rub until I re adjusted my preload. It's probably hitting the edge where the bumper and the Fender meet. There is a little piece of plastic/metal that sticks out and it gets hit.

That's funny because I have the same problem. It only rubs on my passenger side not my driver side. Should I ask the alignment place to check my rear alignment and adjust the preload?

swfk

Ready to race!
Used shocks that were not designed for a shorter than stock spring is your problem!!

Wheel width is definitely not your problem with such a high offset.

Get some aftermarket shocks and your car will handle much better without issues. Bilstein sports!