GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealer ship recorded us, made us sign away our right to sue and changed the price.

Tiako

After this I really do not know if I want to give it another try..

My mom was helping me buy my first new car and I had found the exact one I was looking about 120 miles out of town. I figure it would be better to go to a dealership that had the exact one instead of getting screwed having an in town one order me one. Boy was I wrong as it does not matter what you do they will try to screw you.

Things started out as well as they could considering I am going shopping with my mom and she hates VW off the bat. We go on a test drive and the guy is new or something and honestly does not know much about the car at all. I know more than him and he sneaks inside a few times to ask his boss a million questions. So I show him the quote from zag for 23.4k..He is new so he has to go to his boss can't even deal numbers it seems.. He comes back out with 25.3k Out the Door I was like great, pretty much what I was expecting and glad I got a good price without having to mess around.

Well for some fucking reason it takes them forever(2 hours) to see if we can finance it. What a joke me and my mom have 800 credit scores, I can't do it alone because I am a student. This is where they start to lie.. For one thing on the dealer website it said 0.00 percent rate for so many months. They said "I don't know where you saw that" I let it go; however, on the damn zag print out it says 3.9 percent. FI comes back with 5.9 percent. Sorry I am getting ahead of myself. Before this even starts they put us in a room with the FI and ask us if they can record the deal. WTF I feel this is rude and if I had not wanted the car I would have walked out but I was to dazed and confused by my want of the GTI.

The next thing she does it bust out this paper saying these are your "payment choices" The price went from 300.00 to 414 a month. She is trying to somehow include fucking extended warranty insurance part of the finanace process. Its full of shit like "Paint sealent" and "Scotch gaurd for your seats" Im a fucking auto detailer fancy word for waxing the car and armor all. We call BS, we dont want it. Then they drill us on why we think it is BS and wont let us just decline it until they got an answer.

Next thing she busts out is a paper for us to sign saying we will not sue the dealership. I read it of course and the best I could make of it was that we wouldn't sue if we felt like we got ripped. The lady wouldn't really say anything beyond we waive the right to sue. Thanks for explaining that one.. Turns out it wavies 100% right to sue. If the car blew up as they hand me the keys I can't sue them. Like a dumbass we sign and go on..

Well here is what fucking killed it. They were doing a "Packed Payment"

Beware of the "Packed Payment!" If you let the car dealer arrange the car financing on your purchase, and you negotiate the deal based on a payment then very likely the payment that you agree to will be much higher then is needed to cover the cost of the vehicle.

So after all this crap we were going to put down 5k and thats when she said.. Ok so 5k down and 22k financed. Wait.. Thats fucking 27k?!?!?! not 25k So my mom asked to see the paper work which they had not even printed out and she delayed and just kept saying 22k not 27k. So after my mom got mad she printed it out. It had all these bullshit fees on it brining it up to 27K plus some finance fees. Cars direct has the same fucking car for 26k OTD and they are know for OK prices. So we say never mind 27k was not the agreed price you didnt even bother showing us the fee's.

The FI runs and gets the sales boss and he says we are insane thinking we are going to get it less than 27k and takes off a whole fucking 80 bucks brining it down to an even 27k. Then he starts acting crazy and says we might want to consider other cars because VW is out of our price range. Then he just starts acting crazy kinda pissy..It is like you are super mad but you have to push it to the back. Then he points out where he wrong down 25k OTD but under OTD it says in small print /w fees ... WTF?!?!? What kind of OUT THE DOOR FUCKING PRICE IS THAT?

The worst part is they recorded this and will use this shit for training..UGH :mad::mad::mad::mad:

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Nice training... that's all I can say. Sorry you had a terrible experience, but it seems like it was one of those dealers that do a terrible job and people should avoid them.

If you're still wanting a GTI, give us your location and I'm pretty sure there are a few members around who can give you a pointer who to deal with that they've had a good experience with! :)

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
I realize this experience has soured your experience with VW - like roastpuff has mentioned, hopefully you'll still give VW a chance, and if you give us some info on what region you're in maybe we can help you out - also, it'll serve as a good word of caution to other folks not to ever go to that dealer that you went to.

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
Dealers can be no hassle or totally slimy. I'd say go to a different dealership and find a salesperson who you can trust. Whether that dealership has the car or not doesn't matter so much as long as they can work out a dealer trade for the car. Every dealership wants business and they know that they can't have every car on their lot, so they will usually do swaps if you are committed to buying a car. I got my car from a dealer in LA, and I live in San Diego. The dealership just drove the car down and I picked it up.

Buying a car usually isn't a one-stop-shop kind of affair. If can be sometimes, but if you put yourself in the situation where you have to have a car, then a slimy salesperson can and will try to trick and burn you. As much as you love one particular car, I'm sure you love not getting ripped off thousands of dollars more than the car. In your situation you should just walk away.

Bottom line is don't put up with slimy dealers. They aren't worth your time, and you can still find a perfect GTI with all the options you want through an honest and reputable dealership somewhere else.

Tiako

I think I am going to order a new clutch for my Camaro SS and drive that for a bit longer and maybe come back to VW when they have close out of the 2011's. Its not a POS its just hard to drive a 11 second car around with a Stage 3 clutch.

When will the 2011s be closed out?

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
You might still be able to find some late this year - what I'd definitely do though is complain to VWoA. Behavior like that from a dealer is absolutely unacceptable and definitely should be reported - who knows, you might be able to squeeze out some really good results from it. If anything, the dealer should've given you an even bigger break for asking you to be taped. What dealer was this?

Tiako

You might still be able to find some late this year - what I'd definitely do though is complain to VWoA. Behavior like that from a dealer is absolutely unacceptable and definitely should be reported - who knows, you might be able to squeeze out some really good results from it. If anything, the dealer should've given you an even bigger break for asking you to be taped. What dealer was this?

Yeah I will be waiting later in the year to cool down as I am too angry to deal with another dealership for quite sometime. If there are none left well, I am getting a BWM 1series because clearly I do not have enough money for a New VW GTI. Do you think writing a letter to VWoA will do anything? I really wished I would have fucking video taped them so I could show you them trying to sale us "Paint sealant" and "interior protection" For 100 fucking more bucks a month on the payment.

http://www.lokeyvw.com/index.htm?sa...7tXrAw&usg=AFQjCNG-TkkvhAmEyOAPTxZelBUhqXexiQ

http://www.edmunds.com/dealerships/Florida/Clearwater/LokeyVolkswagen/sales.1.html

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
Yeah I will be waiting later in the year to cool down as I am too angry to deal with another dealership for quite sometime. If there are none left well, I am getting a BWM 1series because clearly I do not have enough money for a New VW GTI. Do you think writing a letter to VWoA will do anything? I really wished I would have fucking video taped them so I could show you them trying to sale us "Paint sealant" and "interior protection" For 100 fucking more bucks a month on the payment.

http://www.lokeyvw.com/index.htm?sa...7tXrAw&usg=AFQjCNG-TkkvhAmEyOAPTxZelBUhqXexiQ

http://www.edmunds.com/dealerships/Florida/Clearwater/LokeyVolkswagen/sales.1.html

I'd say don't bother with a letter - a call directly to VWoA at 1-800-822-8987 will be much better for your case. I've had great results when calling them directly, so I would say do the same thing, and see what happens.

Tiako

Anyone have an address, not a email but a physical one I can send a letter to? I don't really care about having anything rectified but I want to let them know how pushing warranties make me feel like their cars are too crappy to last past 36k miles. Among a few other choice words.

Tiako

I'd say don't bother with a letter - a call directly to VWoA at 1-800-822-8987 will be much better for your case. I've had great results when calling them directly, so I would say do the same thing, and see what happens.

What went wrong at the dealer for you to have to call? Also dude I am no longer ready to buy a VW GTI right this second anymore. So Im not ready to take some discounts from them especially if I EVER have to go back to that dealer.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Not sure how a 135i will be cheaper than a $25K GTI....

simple solution - go to other dealers. You can also try Edmunds.com for price inquiries to local dealers as well.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I think I am going to order a new clutch for my Camaro SS and drive that for a bit longer and maybe come back to VW when they have close out of the 2011's. Its not a POS its just hard to drive a 11 second car around with a Stage 3 clutch.

When will the 2011s be closed out?

Okay I am confused here. Are you keeping the car and getting the GTI or going to get rid of the Camaro? Because why have mommy put money down on a new car while you already have one and saying it's too fast to drive easy? LOL. Why not put it back to stock or make it more driveable on a daily basis than waste money on a GTI?

I use to own a 99 TA, and a friend still actually has his 99 Z28 that is a 10 sec car. He daily drives that thing to this day. You can easily make them DD's without much work.

Tiako

Okay I am confused here. Are you keeping the car and getting the GTI or going to get rid of the Camaro? Because why have mommy put money down on a new car while you already have one and saying it's too fast to drive easy? LOL. Why not put it back to stock or make it more driveable on a daily basis than waste money on a GTI?

I use to own a 99 TA, and a friend still actually has his 99 Z28 that is a 10 sec car. He daily drives that thing to this day. You can easily make them DD's without much work.

I was keeping the Camaro and it had always been my garage baby while I drive around a 1000 dollar beater thats 11 years old. I just figure if I wasn't getting anything this moment I could replace the dead clutch on it. The GTI was my long term replacement (10 years) for my beater car that is falling apart.