GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"mondo" DIY intake - $49

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Bumping this old thread. From VWvortex:

I dig this one the most... wondering how I can get my hands on that shield and how much.

Proof the air is flowing from the tube directly under the filter leaving dirt behind on filter

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
So I threw on the AEM filter like in the first post... I got a CEL a few days later.

I'm wondering what the small diameter tube at the front of the car (front of the stock air box) is for? I just threw a clean sock over it, maybe I need one of those little filters? Or is there anything else that could have caused the CEL. The MAF is obviously still intact.

bialymike

Ready to race!
So I threw on the AEM filter like in the first post... I got a CEL a few days later.

I'm wondering what the small diameter tube at the front of the car (front of the stock air box) is for? I just threw a clean sock over it, maybe I need one of those little filters? Or is there anything else that could have caused the CEL. The MAF is obviously still intact.

Im guessing your cbfa. That small tube is for the SAI. as far as I understand, its so the cat burns off any extra carbon? at start up. Just get a small filter for it for like $10 and call it a day.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Im guessing your cbfa. That small tube is for the SAI. as far as I understand, its so the cat burns off any extra carbon? at start up. Just get a small filter for it for like $10 and call it a day.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man. I guess the sock ain't cutting it :laugh:

Spid360

Ready to race!
Fizor? who's Fizor?!?!?!?

Is this a long lost relative of mine?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
This thread ... sigh...

:( Reminds me of civic DIY lowering kits with cut springs

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
This thread ... sigh...

:( Reminds me of civic DIY lowering kits with cut springs

Nothing wrong with making your own when it's a tube and a filter... Rather than paying $300+ for one when all they do is make a bit of sound. Not everyone sleeps on piles of cash unfortunately.