GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM has horrible customer service

Fastball

Ready to race!
SPM? Are we talking about Steve Petty Motorsports? Heard good things about their down pipe but not enamored with the non-existent website.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Aren't they out of business?

Yeah. Last i remember they closed up shop and ECS bought them or became exclusive dealers.

That may have failed and they came back but they have always been shit customer service. Not to mention all the allegations of them stealing designs from other companies

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Idk if SPM even exists anymore. ECS bought them out, or at the very least they bought the rights to sell the products. If you go on ECS and shop by brand SPM doesn't come up. When you do a search for steve petty motorsports every product that comes up says no longer available.

Joveen

Ready to race!
They are on Facebook. Have to email them to get parts

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
They are on Facebook. Have to email them to get parts

should not buy from a "company" thats only on facebook and requires you to email them to order parts... lol what a joke they became.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
i called them when they were still open with a question on something, ready, cash in hand to buy a turboback exhaust and and something else from them. I tried em like 5 times before deciding to spend my thousand plus dollars elsewhere. They couldnt stay in business cause they couldnt bother to pick up the phone

Joveen

Ready to race!
should not buy from a "company" thats only on facebook and requires you to email them to order parts... lol what a joke they became.
They're getting a new facility and website up soon lool. That was said about 5 months ago. Hahaha

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
They're getting a new facility and website up soon lool. That was said about 5 months ago. Hahaha

yeahhhh im sure.

Just like all those big things they were doing right before they shut down and were bought/exclusive to ECS and no longer had a phone or email.

joshterrell861

Passed Driver's Ed
Ecs sold down everything they had for pennies on he dollar. Downpipes for $50, exhausts for next to nothing.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Doclively79

Passed Driver's Ed
anybody know if they ever sold a downpipe version for the mk6 that didn't have SPM marked on it or the pins just the metal tab?

Joveen

Ready to race!
SPM is open for business again October 2nd or 3rd iirc.

Doclively79

Passed Driver's Ed
I spoke with SPM today and they were very helpful. They even let me send them pics of someone else selling one of their DPs to verify whether it was theirs or not. After they confirmed it did look like one of theirs with the tab cut halfway off they offered me a great deal on a brand new one. So instead of buying the used one I will be buying it directly from them.....So far I can't complain about their service..... Thanks Steve at SPM!