GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dashcam

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
Considering getting a dash cam after someone attempted to brake-check me the other day. Is it becoming more common to own one, tbh i'm more concerned about it backfiring on me?

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
100% get one, they are hella cheap now a days. For $50 - 100 USD, the evidence, peace of mind and eliminating ALL he-said-she-said scenarios seems like a no brainer to me. Very small chance but some insurance companies even give a slight discount for you even having one. Anytime anyone else drives your car, you can see how they treated it, what they said, etc etc.

As for it backfiring on you, I mean you don't HAVE to give the footage to anyone unless you want to. All the footage will be on the SD card in the dash cam. You can always edit out footage if you are singing embarrassingly too.

I have the Anker Roav and it works great, but there are many better ones for more money out there too. Some have front and back facing cams. Make sure you get a 'high endurance' SD card.

Jaber

Modero
If you're constantly driving fast and recklessly, than yeah, it's possible it could come back to haunt you if someone recovers the footage. Even if it does not have GPS to track your speed, there's other methods to determine how fast you were going.

I bought a cheap ($40) dashcam a couple years ago. After some truck kept cutting infront of me so I didn't "cut" the line. He did it for a week, but by time I got dashcam, I stopped seeing him on the way home from work. But have been able to catch a few oh shit moments.

I recently purchased ROAV R2-4K dashcam and have been pretty happy with it so far. If you want decent to good quality, budget around $100-$120 for one, including a memory card.