GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Parking Sensor Buzzer (Location)

tman1

Ready to race!
Anyone know the stock location of the rear parking sensor buzzer?

Last I read somewhere, it was in the left C-Pillar. Couldn't find it in both C-Pillars. Any ideas where else it could be?

Mines shorted out and the whole system wont work so I have a replacement buzzer.

EDIT: https://workshop-manuals.com/volksw...nstalling_rear_parking_aid_warning_buzzerh15/

Might have another look. Probably me just being silly.

Last edited:

tman1

Ready to race!
Fixed this. It is further down from the C-Pillar just behind the trim that has the light for the trunk.

Need to loosen quite a few pieces of trim to get to just this and if attempting, please be gentle with the trim. VW for some reason have many different fasteners and each behave differently to varying amounts of force. Broken way too many clips this week.

bmanc42

Passed Driver's Ed
What is this part you are talking about? I have a strange problem where randomly especially during hard braking I will hear this electric piezo buzzer like sound. It sounds like it's coming from the passenger side rear of car but I can't for the life of me figure it out and it's driving me crazy. I'm thinking this may finally be it if I have this in my car. What is this thing supposed to do?

Lepadat22

Hello,
Can I reach the speaker if I only take off the trim from the trunk? Or I need to take off the c pillar trim also?
Thank you!