GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Unitronic Chipped 2.0TSI Thread!

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Anyone ever use a turbo smart plumb back DV on uni tunes? Any issues? I use to have a gfb DV+ but was giving me issues during partial throttle, put the stock Dv back on but I just can't stand it.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Anyone ever use a turbo smart plumb back DV on uni tunes? Any issues? I use to have a gfb DV+ but was giving me issues during partial throttle, put the stock Dv back on but I just can't stand it.
I use a forge dv plumed back in, I leave the stock one plugged in and zip-tied to the abs module out of the way... No faults and has been fine.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Just to update everyone, installed the turbo smart DV and have no issues, holds boost way better.

On a different note, anyone good with reading logs ? I got a consistent timing pull that I've been chasing and can't figure it out.

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Hello! I've been enjoying my Uni Stage 2 tune and GTI for several years now with very few problems. A couple months ago though I noticed that my car has lost its zip whenever I get on it a bit. I'm not boosting as much PSI so originally thought I had the typical boost leak by the Intercooler turbo outlet pipe. Checked it all out and the gaskets and connections were fine. Daily driving is totally unaffected though and the car runs great for normal driving. Then I started getting a couple CEL's and with a bit of research on the forum it seems to point to a possible ECU upgrade or something that I should "check with your tuner first" according to some posts. Here's my info and the codes from VCDS:

2013 GTI, Unitronic Stage 2 with Uni TBE, CAI, GFB+ Diverter Valve, and a bunch of other goodies but that seems to cover the applicable stuff.

000257 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
P0101 - 000 - Implausible Signal - MIL ON

005386 - Engine Off Timer Performance
P150A - 000 - - Intermittent

It "Feels" like a boost leak or a software issue just not delivering the power anymore, but I figured I would start here and see if there are some updates or news about the Stage 2 software that I have missed in the last couple of years. Cheers and thank you!

Last edited:

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Mass air flow is the most important sensor on the car for making power and drivability and you have either a bad one or wiring to it is bad

That wouldn’t be too bad since if it just means swapping in a new MAF sensor. [emoji1303]

Looks like people are saying a good way to test it is to try unplugging it and if the car runs better without it then it is usually a sign it is going bad. Is this the case if you have a tune you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

slobodan48

Passed Driver's Ed
For people with uni stage 2, how much boost are you guys making? Unitronic states 20psi, but I hit 18psi for a bit and drop down to 16psi. Not sure if I have a boost leak somewhere

Zone47

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a Mk VI and MK VII and did a stage one plus on both cars. The Mk VI feels better around town, punchier and more fun to drive but I think it's because of the lower gearing. The Mk VII is kind of a dog but for some reason a long 3rd gear pull lets it flex it's muscle. I can't figure out why 1st and 2nd have soft spots in the acceleration. Oh well, both are fun. The Mk VI is down at the moment with problems (only 20K miles) but not any issue with the flash.

Anyway, Unitronic rocks!!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Sent an email over a week ago, along with a PM, and no reply...anyone else have trouble contacting Uni? :iono:

They used to have more of an online presence, and I'm not seeing that anymore either