GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Votex kit for 2010 Golf TDI available ?

lemarin

Ready to race!
I just bought a brand new Golf TDI 4 doors and I'm looking for the Votex kit. I've read many post through this forum and others, and so far my understanding is that the rear part is not available for this Votex kit ? Is that right ?

On ECSTuning, there's a part number for a Rear Valance Without Exhaust Cut-Out, so I'm wondering if this part would be working on my new Golf ? Part number is 5K0071610GRU

Also on VW.com, when using the Building tool, it's possible to buy the whole Votex kit as an option, for 1228$ US, so why is it so expensive through other website ?

I'd like to hear about someone having it bought !

Thanks !

Mick431

Ready to race!
I have the front, side skirts and rear valence fitted! Rear Valance wasnt available when I got it at first over a year ago but i got it fitted there about 2 months ago! It looks well!

lemarin

Ready to race!
I have the front, side skirts and rear valence fitted! Rear Valance wasnt available when I got it at first over a year ago but i got it fitted there about 2 months ago! It looks well!

Great, but for some reasons the rear valence is not available in the North America, and I'm wondering if the rear bumper is not different in Europe than here,in America ?

It's actually available only through ECSTuning.com.....not through the VW dealers.

And what's the best place for bargain ? At over 2000$ US for the 4 parts not even painted, it quite expensive !

Any idea of the part number painted with paint code ?

sportriderseattle

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not sure about Canada, but the US rear bumper is in fact different than Europe. From what I can tell, it's those two lower reflectors that are the big difference. Ours are longer and extend further toward your wheel well openings, and I think that area under the license plate might also be slightly different. From what I have heard, there are no plans to make one just for the US market.

lemarin

Ready to race!
And no one tried the rear valance that ECS sells ? I chat yesterday with one of their representative, and he believes that this part should fit any north american Golf rear bumper....

Is he right ?

sportriderseattle

Passed Driver's Ed
And no one tried the rear valance that ECS sells ? I chat yesterday with one of their representative, and he believes that this part should fit any north american Golf rear bumper....

Is he right ?

I would highly suspect ECS ordered the Euro part thinking it would work for the US car. To a layman it would first appear to work, but there are those very subtle differences. (and it's way to much money for this guy) ;)