GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocrossing / Driving Techniques

Old 11-03-2018, 09:23 PM   #1
nasieg
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: '13 VW GTI & '04 BMW M3
Anybody in Sacramento Area have some track wheel/tires for rent?

I know it sounds odd, but I just sold my e46 m3 that I used for HPDE's and leisure. I am getting ready to step it up, but am without a track car for the moment, and with a track day coming up this week I figured I have two choices, rent a race Miata at the track, or take my DD GTI. I'd actually would love to try the GTI, but I do not want to go with the stock A/S tires, as I will certainly ruin them. I live in Penn Valley, 50 miles outside Sacto. I'd be willing to come get them, return them of course and pay for the usage and a deposit.

The Miata is $800 per day to rent and seems a bit much for just 5x 20 min sessions. So even if I had to pay 1/4-1/2 of that, I'd be money ahead and it might be a win win for me and whomever wants let me barrow their set for one day.

Text me at 408-515-8723. Thanks!
nasieg is offline   Reply With Quote