GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Hybrid K04 Build

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
Hey Everyone,

So after months of being Stage 2+ on my Golf R I decided to upgrade the turbo. Since im having a kid in a few months going big turbo with all the supporting mods was out of the question simply because it wasnt in my budget. So I looked around and found some information on Hybrid KO4 turbos that are basically "plug and play".

I connected with a company in the U.K called BeachBuggyTurbo. I decided to go with their upgraded Hybrid turbo after speaking with them. I will be putting the turbo into the car without upgrading any other components at the moment ( i.e injectors etc...) I will also be getting a cutom tune from VagAutoWerks.

Here are some pics of the turbo being built. I must say the quality looks fantastic.

Stock on left, BBT on right

Housings being ported

Im still currently awaiting delivery and will hopefully have the turbo in with before and after dyno graphs and videos soon. Stay tuned.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Looks interesting. Did you do a dyno baseline so you can measure increase?

vizzlebizzle

Passed Driver's Ed
don't mustang dynos generally read 10-15% lower than other types? i remember mustangs were always referred to as "heartbreakers" when i had an evo.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
I will be. I dyno'd my car on a mustang dyno and it only showed 270awhp...so I will be going to a different dyno for a before and after.

Nice.

As long as you're on the same type of dyno for the before and after it doesn't matter. You really only need to measure increase. The base number isn't as important.

I can't wait to hear your new before/after numbers.

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
Nice.

As long as you're on the same type of dyno for the before and after it doesn't matter. You really only need to measure increase. The base number isn't as important.

I can't wait to hear your new before/after numbers.

Spot on. Looks like the turbo will be fully built and delivered to me in New Jersey during the first week of September. Till then ill be posting any updates I get.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
You never mentioned how much this is all costing.

Care to share?

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
You never mentioned how much this is all costing.

Care to share?

So far the Turbo ( with the conversion rate pounds to dollars) is around $1800 shipped. The tune from VagAutoWerks will probably depend on Dyno Time.

The $1800 is significantly lower then the Stage 3 kit or even the other Hybrids on the market.

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
If you want exact figures on pricing I would send them a message on facebook, they reply extremely fast.