GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clicking noise during full lock low speed turns

EvL BuNNY

Ready to race!
yes... subframe clicking... dealer "fixed" it but it still happens. i was told it was nothing that could ever cause a problem. im just waiting for a turn where it clicks, breaks and i slide off the road and sue the shit out of VW.

i shows the service manager a TSB from a forum and he looked it up and "ordered the parts" and "will call" me when he gets them in.

he told me that 5-6 weeks ago...

the clicking started only in reverse backing up... now it happens every time i turn at a certain speed

Artysta

Ready to race!
i get a clicking noise when turning the steering wheel in either direction, not sure if its the same thing though, it started happening after i got my springs installed

Anyone else getting a clicking during low speed full lock turns (getting into a parking space, for example?

EvL BuNNY

Ready to race!
i get a clicking noise when turning the steering wheel in either direction, not sure if its the same thing though, it started happening after i got my springs installed

i have coilovers and it happened even when the car was completely stock

nuc

Ready to race!
Started happening to me about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Can't think of anything I could have done to cause it... No mods other then APR stage1

@Monstermk6: What TSB?

bwoodahl

Ready to race!
Wow, I cannot believe this, a dreaded fear of MkV owners is the subframe clunk. Now it appears that it may become a fear of MkVI owners. The fix: Passat/Audi subframe bolts and the friction washers. Go to the GolfMkV forum or Vortex, there are at least a thousand posts on the subject. (Good luck getting your dealers to follow the TSB to the correct torque specs, most of the time, they under-torque the bolts and you'll be back for a second or third or fourth visit and each time you risk getting a door dinged -- my advice: do it yourself.)

Bender1

Banned
Wow, I cannot believe this, a dreaded fear of MkV owners is the subframe clunk. Now it appears that it may become a fear of MkVI owners. The fix: Passat/Audi subframe bolts and the friction washers. Go to the GolfMkV forum or Vortex, there are at least a thousand posts on the subject. (Good luck getting your dealers to follow the TSB to the correct torque specs, most of the time, they under-torque the bolts and you'll be back for a second or third or fourth visit and each time you risk getting a door dinged -- my advice: do it yourself.)

Not sure if it is the same thing - its not a clunk at all but literally a click (sounds like Wheel of Fortune, or a bike with things in its spokes).

bwoodahl

Ready to race!
Not sure if it is the same thing - its not a clunk at all but literally a click (sounds like Wheel of Fortune, or a bike with things in its spokes).

Wheel of Fortune sound would likely indicate a bad CV joint (and not subframe clunk, the gods have smiled upon you).

Bender1

Banned
Wheel of Fortune sound would likely indicate a bad CV joint (and not subframe clunk, the gods have smiled upon you).

That was the first thing I thought of but had convinced myself it wasn't possible at 11k miles :p

I will take a look as soon as all this rain stops...

Emireitor

Ready to race!
damn, I got my car in November and just last week this started happening. its at very low speed and yes, parking mostly or on a cold start leaving the house. At least i'm not the only one so will have to getused to it like the fuel cap bang.

peace!

joetron

Passed Driver's Ed
This is probably not the case with the OP, but i picked up my 2011 in november. next day i noticed a loud clunking/clicking sound that could be felt through the steering wheel and the entire body. Long story short, my driver side axle had a bad cv joint and they ended up swapping it out with another GTI on the lot. I was mad to say the least but i kept my cool since the dealer handled the situation very well and even put me in a new jetta for a week while they figured it out. VWOA also made my first payment and i got some extra free goodies like a trunk liner and some gear. No issues since.

RABBIT FUR

Ready to race!
I had the wheel of fortune tick,tick,tick,tick, Same as hear in the video. Good news is that it totally went away on it's own. It only happend for a short time when the car was new ,during a full lock turn. I think that it was the drivers side cv boot. After many months and many inspections it has never returned.