GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil pressure issue or not

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
I was laughing when this happened this morning after Arin posted about the accusump yesterday but I'm sure that's not the issue I'm having.

This morning on my way to work a message popped up on my mfa that stated "oil pressure max rpm 4000" in vechile status. It didn't say whether it was too high or low. I wasn't even driving the car hard :confused:. The really weird thing is I didn't throw a cel and I scanned my car with vcds and I didn't have any codes as well. Checked my oil and I'm good. Turned the car off and back on and it's gone.

What do you guys think? I guess I'm just going to have to keep my eye on it....

Last edited:

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
I was laughing when this happened this morning after Arin posted about the accusump yesterday but I'm sure that's not the issue I'm having.

This morning on my way to work a message popped up on my mfa that stated "oil pressure max rpm 4000" in vechile status. It didn't say whether it was too high or low. I wasn't even driving the car hard :confused:. The really weird thing is I didn't throw a cel and I scanned my car with vcds and I didn't have any codes as well. Checked my oil and I'm good. Turned the car off and back on and it's gone.

What do you guys think? I guess I'm just going to have to keep my eye on it....

I wouldn't mess with this, get the car checked out by a mechanic.

You lose oil pressure you lose the motor.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
I just don't understand why I didn't throw a code? If I really was in limp mode, why wouldn't I have a cel? I obviously didn't verify if I could go above 4000 rpm before I checked everything out and scanned my car but by that time it was gone. It's just annoying the shit out of me.....

VINNY1

Ready to race!
It happened to me last winter. When I posted, I got lots of feed back on it happening to others. I took it to the dealer to check it out, and they couldn't find anything. They said keep your eye out, and if it happens again bring it back. It hasn't happened since.

I think it might be a cold weather glitch.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
It happened to me last winter. When I posted, I got lots of feed back on it happening to others. I took it to the dealer to check it out, and they couldn't find anything. They said keep your eye out, and if it happens again bring it back. It hasn't happened since.

I think it might be a cold weather glitch.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I hope so...

bialymike

Ready to race!
cold weather glitches are annoying as hell. a few times my esc brake and another lights can on with a beep. mfa stated brake error. lights went off as fast as they went on. took it to the dealer, all they could find was that i was low on brake fluid...but no leaks. they topped it off and havent seen them since. happened a month ago. brakes never felt weird. :confused:

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
cold weather glitches are annoying as hell. a few times my esc brake and another lights can on with a beep. mfa stated brake error. lights went off as fast as they went on. took it to the dealer, all they could find was that i was low on brake fluid...but no leaks. they topped it off and havent seen them since. happened a month ago. brakes never felt weird. :confused:

I tend to think if I didn't throw a code or a cel I'm good and its just a glitch. I'm still going to get it looked at though

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
I'm bumping this thread with an update.

So recently I have been having an issue with my car cranking and not starting. This morning I got a message that stated "oil pressure was low turn engine off" when it wouldn't start. I have oil for sure. My car has been running GREAT. So I doubt it was an issue with my oil pump because I would have blown my motor up by now lol. BTW, I still have no CEL's or codes at all, nothing. Even when the car is cranking. I decided to change my oil pressure switch. It looks like there have been several revisions since the one that was put in when my car was built.

Old part # 06A-919-081-F
New part # 06A-919-081-J

Old:

New:

Any one else have an issue with the oil pressure switch? I guess only time will tell if this fixes my problem.

techchallenger

Passed Driver's Ed

This happened to me last week. I pull over, check the oil (it was fine). I also notice that the engine coolant is well below the minimum even though the car had undergone it's 10K service just over 2K miles earlier. Hmm. Dealer said the warning is a mystery to them and found nothing wrong with the vehicle other than the (I assume separate) coolant level issue.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
This happened to me last week. I pull over, check the oil (it was fine). I also notice that the engine coolant is well below the minimum even though the car had undergone it's 10K service just over 2K miles earlier. Hmm. Dealer said the warning is a mystery to them and found nothing wrong with the vehicle other than the (I assume separate) coolant level issue.

It's weird. It even progressed to my most recent post where my car wouldn't start. I think it's the pressure switch. The reason the dealer can't find anything is because it doesn't throw any codes.

drewmtb1

Ready to race!
This happened to me last summer. One of the hottest days of the summer sitting in a lot of traffic. Hasn't come back yet. I was wondering is everyone tuned? I was APR stage 1.
My ecu failed a couple of months ago so I'm stock right now. I haven't had the start problem.

techchallenger

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not tuned (as far as I know). The car was purchased CPO with ~10K miles. My warning did not come on a hot day but as I mentioned above my coolant was low.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Yeah a one off warning I could get over. I started this thread in February when that happened. But recently my car would crank longer than usual then start. Yesterday it wouldn't start and I got the oil pressure message. My fingers are crossed but since I changed the oil pressure switch I have been good. This isn't software related IMO.