GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vs. BR-Z With Unichip (no race)

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
i kept up with an automatic frs.. and i have a 2.5. only mod i had was an intake.. basically a sound mod LOL
we were neck and neck from around 50-80 when i let off.

on the corners he will rape me, but in a straight line, they are slow as hell.

around a track, the gti will do better, mainly because of the lack of power the frs/brz has

hell the Drive network on youtube did a test between an frs, gti and an e30 m3, and the gti had a faster lap time than the frs lol

rquinn19

Ready to race!
i kept up with an automatic frs.. and i have a 2.5. only mod i had was an intake.. basically a sound mod LOL
we were neck and neck from around 50-80 when i let off.

on the corners he will rape me, but in a straight line, they are slow as hell.

around a track, the gti will do better, mainly because of the lack of power the frs/brz has

hell the Drive network on youtube did a test between an frs, gti and an e30 m3, and the gti had a faster lap time than the frs lol

Willing to bet that lap was on a track with long straights and secondly that driver couldn't drive. They aren't fast, but a 2.5 with an intake shouldn't stick with a FRS/BRZ. The power band is way up high and I'm guessing the driver wasn't ringing it out all the way.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Willing to bet that lap was on a track with long straights and secondly that driver couldn't drive. They aren't fast, but a 2.5 with an intake shouldn't stick with a FRS/BRZ. The power band is way up high and I'm guessing the driver wasn't ringing it out all the way.

the slushbox in the frs/brz is sad. it really is sad. a manual would rape a 2.5, but the auto is horrible.

the manual 0-60 is around 6.2 seconds while the auto is at 7.8 or 7.9 seconds

rquinn19

Ready to race!
the slushbox in the frs/brz is sad. it really is sad. a manual would rape a 2.5, but the auto is horrible.

the manual 0-60 is around 6.2 seconds while the auto is at 7.8 or 7.9 seconds

I agree, but that is less relevant when talking about 50-80.

I do admit I missed the auto part, but still an auto from a roll at that speed would beat a 2.5 i'd think.

STING

Ready to race!
My buddy has a BRZ and when he starts spouting about its superior handling and RWD I just tell him its a RWD car with no power for beginners! :laugh:

rquinn19

Ready to race!
My buddy has a BRZ and when he starts spouting about its superior handling and RWD I just tell him its a RWD car with no power for beginners! :laugh:

Tell that to Miata drivers at an AutoX event

edit: straight line speed is often times the least of a lot of peoples worries when choosing a car even if they are looking for performance

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Those FRS/BRZ are SLOW. A guy I work with is just like your buddy, thinks his car is the shit. He was trying to race me one day, and it was a slaughter. I wasn't sure if he was going at first. Granted i'm K04 but a stage 2 GTI would have at least kept up somewhat. You'll have no problem, even with his "chip".

They are cool cars, and apparently handle great, but they are not fast at all in a straight line.

They do handle really well and they aren't bad cars... but they aren't BAD cars if you know what I mean. Sort of like guys who drive a lancer with an exhaust and suddenly think it's an Evo.

STING

Ready to race!
Tell that to Miata drivers at an AutoX event

edit: straight line speed is often times the least of a lot of peoples worries when choosing a car even if they are looking for performance
I bet the closest the BRZ owner mentioned in this thread will get to an AutoX event is his local drive through :laugh:

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I bet the closest the BRZ owner mentioned in this thread will get to an AutoX event is his local drive through :laugh:

To be fair, if you haven't been in one they really are nice cars for the price. I wouldn't say value for money is as good as the GTI... BUT for the handling that you can get out of them and if you care to spend all of the added money to get a turbo kit, it would be a real threat to anyone at a track... sadly Subaru and Scion claimed there "isn't enough room under the hood for a turbo"... I LOL'd at that since people have stuffed a 350 under the hood of one. Oh well... I'd rather have my car.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Subaru claimed there is no room under the hood for a turbo, yet their first model of the brz was turbo, and their sti concepts all had turbos.

It is an awesome car with a change of tires and wider wheels.
I'd still take a miata over it because they are like disposable toothbrushes. If it goes bad, you can literally buy a second one for $1k and steal parts off of it.

Sent via my hairs.

JhnR

Banned
ahaha that was funny, from 205hp to 217hp, OH yeah bro different animal

reedsposer22

Ready to race!
To be fair most people dont see a gti being a performance car. I overheard an asshat at my work saying to someone else they thought it looked like a focus. He also told me i needed to get a mans car...while he drives an suv thats 10+ years old.

They are jealous. I have heard girls call it a "cute" car, that's the worst. I am over it. I love the car. They look great, drive great, and get great mileage. It's a fun car to work on too, screw those asshats!

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
the gti is cute. cute, cuddly and dangerous... sort of like a puppy