GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 Golf vs 2013 Genesis

eddieflyinv

Ready to race!
Went for a cruise and a few races against my buddy in his stock 2013 Genesis 2.0t 8spd automatic (had to get a car his gf could drive too :thumbdown: )
lmfao i definitely didnt win anything, but good times anyways

First Highway Pull @80km/h
Me- 3rd gear,
Him- 2nd gear i beleive :/
he pulled multiple car lengths on me :laugh:
- bunch more rolling pulls at different speeds, all similar results lol the golf couldnt keep up

Backroad Race:
I had a much quicker launch - thanks to him having an auto i think :laugh:
we held pretty even up to 100km/h
and when i got it into 3rd, his car started noticably pulling and pulling and pulling again

pretty well spent an entire afternoon doing this, and in the end all the results were the same lol, basically anything past 100km/h and he was overtaking me easily.. still alot of fun though :D

GTmyI

Ready to race!
Is their new auto a slush box or double clutch like our dsg

eddieflyinv

Ready to race!
lmfao you must have missed it, but i thought i expressed that in such a way that indicated i didnt expect to win by any means,
just sharing the story, i had fun regardless of being in the slower car

* are there rules to this, like am I supposed to only post stories of races I've won ? :laugh:

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
lmfao you must have missed it, but i thought i expressed that in such a way that indicated i didnt expect to win by any means,
just sharing the story, i had fun regardless of being in the slower car

* are there rules to this, like am I supposed to only post stories of races I've won ? :laugh:

Not at all. Typically stories are posted in the Cool Story Bro thread though ;).

eddieflyinv

Ready to race!
Hahaha noted, to be honest, after re-reading my post it does seem a little more CSB appropriate, despite the "Mk6 vs" part of it ?
If my dashcam catches a decent video I'll post here though ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Eroc93

Ready to race!
Can a gti take one from the roll?

eddieflyinv

Ready to race!
Their transmission isnt the greatest lol went for a ride with him in his car, and 1st gear is useless, basically wines out to get you into a slight forward motion ?
And for actual driveability it seems rediculous to have 8 gears, it never knew what gear it should be in, and in the tiptronic thing you have to go down 5 gears to find the power you want when passing people,
I'd never buy one with auto ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
My mother-in-law has a 2013 Genesis Sedan with a V6 and the 8 speed automatic. From 0 to 60, it isn't that bad, yet when trying to overtake other vehicles at cruising speed, it is a total pig. Regardless, she likes it driving in town but hates taking it on the road.

I'm guessing the Genesis Coupe inherited that auto-tragic... My wife had a 2011 Genesis Coupe Grand Touring with the 3.8 and 6 speed automatic. My stage 1+ GTI is faster, gets better fuel economy, and is more practical than her Genesis Coupe was. She ended up getting rid of her Genesis Coupe after having an open cholecystectomy to remove her gall bladder. The Genesis just caused her too much pain and she literally felt every bump on Louisiana's third wold country roads.

Ridge Chaser

Wow, I'm surprised someone else decided to do this car comparison! It's not a very common matchup. It looks like we got very similar results.

The Genesis Sedan can certainly hold its ground on a canyon road due to its acceleration out of the corner. My friend and I did a little road test and I had to push my car in order to keep up!

The Genesis was mostly in 2nd and 3rd gear, but this road has many consecutive corners that stop things from getting too complicated with its 8-speed.
Of course, this was when the Genesis's brakes and tires were still fairly new, and I have a feeling that a 3,800 pound sedan will not respond too kindly to brake fade in the near future...

eddieflyinv

Ready to race!
Update kinda... I've raced my buddy multiple times since this experience, just for kicks, and it seems the higher we go in speed, the less he gains on me, like upwards of 150km/h I start holding, and my top speed is higher than his too lol 210, his ecu keeps him at like 204 or something ? Sooooo EVENTUALLY I start gaining ??