GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

dallen13

Ready to race!
Highway pull with e93 m3 dct. Was tailgating me trying to get me to move out of left lane, I was passing a truck so I floored it and left him and got in right lane. He paced me in left and honked 3 times. I was still in drive so I had a slight delay until it kicked into top of 3rd at about 60mph. I shut it down at 95 or so and had him by 2 cars or so. Did Bavarian fly-by and exited few miles ahead. Cool story brah!

rquinn19

Ready to race!
So on the way home I passed a stock sti newer body on the road. We hit a red light and he was behind me, decided to play a little cat and mouse. I accelerated moderately when the light turned green, and i can hear him kinda pushing his car. So I started flooring it and he gave in. He wasnt able to catch me. When we turned onto a side street be decided to get in front of me and go at it again. I was literally on his ass the whole time with plenty of power to pass him. When we hit the next light in had to turn and he had to go straight. He pulled up to me and says during the 1st run he had to slow down cause I was throwing a bunch of rocks up at his car...haha csb

Sounds about right...ask about first mods on a WRX forum and you'll hear clear bra (should've bought a base Impreza if you ask me).

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Had a run from about 10-15 mph or so against an Infinity G35 sedan (rwd). Pulled up next to me at a stop light, both looked over at me (driver and passenger), and then turned up their music. They looked like guys that would belong in a bmw to be honest :lol:.
Light turned took off at a slow pace with the music down so I could hear if they decided to gun it...at about 10-15mph he hit it. I was able to quickly react, and even with my gay throttle body issue holding my boost back when I shift into 3rd, it was still a bus and a half by the time I shut it down. He purposely stayed behind me for a while after that, but I hit a stop light, and when he went to turn he gave me a thumbs up, so I returned a V. So he was cool in the end :cool:.
I had my video going and turned sideways, but my windows were up so you couldn't hear him punch it, so it just looks like I'm punching it and he's not :lol:. Tint is cured tomorrow, so that'll fix that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Some loser in a mazda 3 gunned by me, he was tailing me until we both met up at the light, about 2 miles later i saw police lights which turned out it was him that got pulled over, i was lucky i didnt had my inner teenage driver gave in to it

Deepflip

Ready to race!
Just chilling on the red light i noticed a mustang gt in the third lane. I didnt even expect a race coming, anyways light turns green and he goes nuts gassing his tang, i pulled hard in 2nd gear(didnt notice at what speed i gassed) took me a few secs to catch up to him. We were neck to neck(dead even) :eek: i know i woulda pulled a full car on him if we a had an even race, he took off way before me. I dont know what mods he was running but sounded badass(obviously had intake and catback), im just a simple stg2 golf r :D (intake,dp)
Mustang owner prolly feels like shit right now :D
Yep coolstorybruhda.

Deepflip

Ready to race!
Yep v8 luckily i reacted quickly. I didnt even expected a race. I know for sure if i lauched at the same time woulda passed him. :)

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
I was about to say. helll to da naaah not a 5.0. lol

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Had a middle aged lady next to me at a light yesterday, she was rocking a bright red 335i. Light turns, I go gentle (middle aged lady, not expecting her to gun it)...but she does, she guns it. So instant reaction to gun it as well, we stuck side by side until we caught up to the truck that was in front of us (not far, I think I maybe hit 60 before she let off). I went to turn at a light a little ways up the road, she slowed way down and yelled something at me and then drove off...now I didn't hear her, and I wanted to know what she said, so I turned back onto the road and met up with her at the next light and asked her.

Her: "I just said, I could have smoked you if I wanted...I just didn't want to ;)"
Me: "Ah. Yeah. They're pretty quick cars. I've thought about getting one, but I really like my car. Have a good one. :lol:"
Her: "You too :D"

Needless to say, had we some open road, I think I would have surprised her by how well I would have kept up (Note: not beat, just keep up fairly well, considering how fast they are stock).

CSB.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Took off on a jaguar xkrs, who proceeded to catch up quickly and pace me. Further down the road, gave me a nice little ricer flyby. Cool story bro.

jamlee

Ready to race!
Had a middle aged lady next to me at a light yesterday, she was rocking a bright red 335i. Light turns, I go gentle (middle aged lady, not expecting her to gun it)...but she does, she guns it. So instant reaction to gun it as well, we stuck side by side until we caught up to the truck that was in front of us (not far, I think I maybe hit 60 before she let off). I went to turn at a light a little ways up the road, she slowed way down and yelled something at me and then drove off...now I didn't hear her, and I wanted to know what she said, so I turned back onto the road and met up with her at the next light and asked her.

Her: "I just said, I could have smoked you if I wanted...I just didn't want to ;)"
Me: "Ah. Yeah. They're pretty quick cars. I've thought about getting one, but I really like my car. Have a good one. :lol:"
Her: "You too :D"

Needless to say, had we some open road, I think I would have surprised her by how well I would have kept up (Note: not beat, just keep up fairly well, considering how fast they are stock).

CSB.

think our cars stage 2 would have no problem keeping up with stock 335s, but if modded thats another story. thinking about test driving one at a dealer and having a couple of fun runs haha

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
think our cars stage 2 would have no problem keeping up with stock 335s, but if modded thats another story. thinking about test driving one at a dealer and having a couple of fun runs haha

The new 335's are low 13's and a high 4 second 0-60, so even a stage 2 GTI should have trouble keeping up IMO (equal drivers). Some of the mid 2000 models we could keep up with, even beat, but newer I think is out of the question, unless terrible driver of course ;).
If you do test drive one, I'd like to hear what it's like. I'm sure they're fast though :D