GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OGYPG's CSG GTI Build Thread

OGYPG

After lurking this forum with no account for about 6 months and seeing all the quality build threads, I decided to make my own. I got my 2010 6spd GTI in August 2012 with 30K miles and it now has 53K. I drove it stock (like I stole it) for about a year and a half, and loved every second of it. After finding this forum, I installed my first intake and have been hooked ever since. I really love this car and have big plans for it.

Mod List:
-APR updated Stage 2 Tune
-APR Carbonio Intake Stage 1&2 wrapped in DEI Reflect-A-Gold Tape
-ATP 3" Catless Downpipe
-Neuspeed Front Mount Intercooler
-Neuspeed Charge Pipe w/ Noise Pipe Delete wrapped in DEI Reflect-A-Gold
-CTS Turbo Turbo Outlet Pipe wrapped in DEI Reflect-A-Gold
-034 Motorsport Street Density Motor + Transmission Mounts
-VWR Subframe Mount
-Tyrol Sport Subframe Stiffening Kit
-Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 17x8 +45
-SPM 26MM Front + 22MM Rear Sway Bars
-Whiteline Adjustable Endlinks
-Superpro Anti Lift Kit
-GFB DV+
-R8 Coils & NGK plugs
-Raceseng "Slammer" Weighted Stainless Steel Shift Knob
-ECS Tuning Smoked Sidemarkers
-DEPO Dark Cherry LED Tail Lights

Last edited:

OGYPG

I've seen people using the DEI Reflect-A-Gold heat reflective tape in their bay, so I wrapped my Stage 2 Carbonio pipe and PCV tube with it. Hopefully it helps with this Florida heat. It looks cool too. Once my charge/discharge pipes come in, I'll wrap those too.

OGYPG

Lots of wrenching yesterday! I got my Neuspeed front mount intercooler and charge pipe with noise delete kit as well as the CTS Turbo turbo outlet pipe. My car feels amazing and pulls really hard and smooth through the powerband. I wrapped the pipes in DEI reflect-a-gold. I also removed my Carbonio air box because I missed the sounds of an open filter intake. With all these changes there is more turbo and intake noise which is always welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OGYPG

I got bored today and removed the lower honeycomb grill from my bumper to show off the beauty that is the Neuspeed FMIC. I was a bit unsure at first but it's growing on me. I'm still very happy with how smooth the car feels through the powerband with this + the charge/discharge pipes. The combination removed a lot of the peaky-ness of the stage 1 tune

Last edited:

1slow_gti

Ready to race!
looking good!! keep it up.

1slow_gti

Ready to race!
is a tune required if a front mount is put on?

OGYPG

I'm not sure about that. I think everyone I've seen on here that is running the Neuspeed FMIC is tuned. I'd recommend tuning yours, it's the best bang for your buck HP/$ wise.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Your build is lookin good! I like it. And I finally get to see what the FMIC looks liek without a grill. Need to get my buddy's grill off. I love the heat wrap too!

OGYPG

Your build is lookin good! I like it. And I finally get to see what the FMIC looks liek without a grill. Need to get my buddy's grill off. I love the heat wrap too!

Thanks man! The grille is a pain in the ass to remove, but I'm really starting to love the way it looks. Definitely turns heads. It hasn't been hot enough for me to test if the heat wrap works, but its more of a peace of mind mod I feel like.

OGYPG

I put on my SPM rear sway bar that's been sitting around my house since the black friday sale they did. I got the 26mm front sway bar and 22mm rear sway bar for about 230$ shipped. After getting a great deal on some whiteline adjustable endlinks it was time to put the rear bar on. I'm putting the front bar on at the same time I put on my SuperPro antilift kit plus wheels, as dropping the subframe requires an alignment.
After install I went for a nice drive and it handles awesome. there's a lot less under steer now and the rear feels super tight. I'm really looking forward to installing the front as it feels a little floaty without the front bar.

Last edited:

OGYPG

Haven't posted in a while. Lots of mods since the last update. I installed 034 Street Density Motor + Transmission mounts, Racingline Subframe Mount, SuperPro Anti Lift Kit, SPM 26mm front sway bar as well as Team Dynamics 17x8 +45 wheels. I figured since I was dropping the subframe to install the front sway bar, I might as well install a subframe mount and since I was doing the subframe mount I might as well do both motor and trans mounts. There is much less drivetrain movement with the new mounts and shifts are buttery. The front sway bar along with the anti lift kit and lightweight wheels increased steering response and the car handles great. I was going for a bit of a rally look with the wheels and I'm really happy with how they look.

Last edited:

OGYPG

Have not updated this thread in a while. Since the last update, I haven't really added any mods other than the ATP 3" downpipe I got used for a steal. I'm no longer running the Team Dynamics wheels as one of them was badly damaged by a huge pothole. I'm now using my stock Denvers wrapped in 225/45r17 Michelin Pilot Super Sports and they are some fantastic tires. Grip for days. I also recently updated to the new APR stage 2 file and what a difference that made. The entire powerband feels much smoother, and with the sticky tires, the car pulls like an animal. I'm planning on ordering a new Team Dynamic wheel soon and swapping over the tires. I'm thinking the next mod I do is some Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, as I'm holding off on the K04 for now.

Last edited:

OGYPG

Also, I've been having some trouble with my Whiteline rear adjustable endlinks for a while now. I tighten them up using blue Loctite and they just don't want to stay tightened and start to clunk on EVERYTHING again. I'm going to try swapping my OEM endlinks back to see if that makes any difference. Also, the intercooler hose mated to my CTS Turbo Outlet Pipe keeps blowing off every couple months or so. I've been having to keep my jack and a jackstand in the car just in case. I plan on getting a welder to remove the stupid coupler and weld on piece of pipe with a bead for better hold.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Good looking build, that gold wrap on the intake really makes the engine bay pop! Did I miss what clutch you are running with stage 2, or are you running the stock one until it slips?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk