GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No more GTI but still in the vw family

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
Traded in my GTI the other day for a 2014 New CC. Still rocking the 2.0 TSI though :). Reason? I put well over 20k per year on my car and the roads around here are bumpy and straight. I figured with this much time in my car it should be comfortable. I was looking at what was on dealer lots in terms of 2014s they might be selling at a good price (all brands) and found a 2014 Gray CC sport, offered almost 6k under sticker and they accepted so here I am. Car goes in Wednesday for a clear bra (that I wished I had got last time) and some nice ceramic tint.

As far as the CC goes, its very nice. The ride is great and quiet. Even though its the same engine it feels so much smoother compared to my stage 2 GTI, though I have switched from manual to DSG as well. Handling isn't bad, 99% of the time on my roads I'm not going to notice but taking quick 90 degree turns the GTI would whip through with ease while the CC has that longer wheel base and softer suspension.

The sport model is the base package but comes with a decent amount of stuff: rearview camera, nav, led license plate light, led tails, led day time running lights and leather(ette) seats.

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
Biggest thing I will miss is there is no CC forum like MK6 GTI. I will still be checking in here since I have the same engine though. As far as mods, I am undecided at this point. I am thinking of just doing stage 1 tune this time. I can't imagine touching the suspension as that would defeat one of the reasons of switching unless someone makes a miracle product that gives a 2 inch drop with no loss of comfort-lol.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Traded in my GTI the other day for a 2014 New CC. Still rocking the 2.0 TSI though :). Reason? I put well over 20k per year on my car and the roads around here are bumpy and straight. I figured with this much time in my car it should be comfortable. I was looking at what was on dealer lots in terms of 2014s they might be selling at a good price (all brands) and found a 2014 Gray CC sport, offered almost 6k under sticker and they accepted so here I am. Car goes in Wednesday for a clear bra (that I wished I had got last time) and some nice ceramic tint.

As far as the CC goes, its very nice. The ride is great and quiet. Even though its the same engine it feels so much smoother compared to my stage 2 GTI, though I have switched from manual to DSG as well. Handling isn't bad, 99% of the time on my roads I'm not going to notice but taking quick 90 degree turns the GTI would whip through with ease while the CC has that longer wheel base and softer suspension.

The sport model is the base package but comes with a decent amount of stuff: rearview camera, nav, led license plate light, led tails, led day time running lights and leather(ette) seats.

Congrats! Let's see some pictures!

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
You'll probably want to get wheels eventually only to realize that you will need to drop it a bit foe the new wheels to look great and then it's the same shit with mods lol

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
You'll probably want to get wheels eventually only to realize that you will need to drop it a bit foe the new wheels to look great and then it's the same shit with mods lol

But 250lbs heavier. That does make a bit of a difference.

NolaGTI

Ready to race!

Yeah you right,i just noticed they make the euro cup holder for the CC lol. Its starting already. I'm afraid to think about wheels because of exactly what you say, one of the main reasons for switching is I wanted a better ride for long distances and dropping it would negate that to an extent.

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
Lol. It stops when you stop buying VAG.... These cars are so awesome to mess around with. Good luck I hope your will power is good :)

Nice car though!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on the CC! They're gorgeous cars. Do you have any photos?

NolaGTI

Ready to race!

Pre tint photos. Went with 30% ceramic. Will post new photos once the clear bra is able to be washed. [emoji1]

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Car looks great! I love the color. Congrats. :D

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
Amazing!

I'm betting that you have it in coil overs by July...

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
I hate you lol. Damn that looks good and it is even the same color as mine!