GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
-3 is quite "common." Does it happen on only one cylinder or on all 4? Does it always happen at the same boost and RPM?

If knock is persistent on multiple cylinders at the same boost and engine speed a tune adjustment for your particular car is a good idea.

I took a longer drive and I have gotten as bad as -5.25. This is very concerning, I will setup the AP for per cylinder knock. Please pm me pricing to get a custom tune done. I may just return the AP since knocking can't be good for the engine.

I could be coasting 70mph give it some gas and I would get knock. I'm not even worrying about stuff under 1 at this point.

TwistedTuning

Ready to race!
I took a longer drive and I have gotten as bad as -5.25. This is very concerning, I will setup the AP for per cylinder knock. Please pm me pricing to get a custom tune done. I may just return the AP since knocking can't be good for the engine.

I could be coasting 70mph give it some gas and I would get knock. I'm not even worrying about stuff under 1 at this point.
no reason to give the ap back. post or send a log for evaluation

also, how are your plugs and coils?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
no reason to give the ap back. post or send a log for evaluation

also, how are your plugs and coils?

I will read up on how to make a proper log and send you guys the results.

I have a set of R8 coil packs on order. I am still on the stock coils packs and sparks.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie

I have a set of R8 coil packs on order. I am still on the stock coils packs and sparks.

PM sent. For everyone reading the thread:

Keep in mind that SOME knock is not dangerous and to be expected in any internal combustion engine. The key is to determine how much you are experiencing and get it to a safe level.

No need to give up the AP - it is a great tuning tool and monitoring tool - it's a matter of getting the right tune on there and understanding what you are seeing in the data.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
PM sent. For everyone reading the thread:

Keep in mind that SOME knock is not dangerous and to be expected in any internal combustion engine. The key is to determine how much you are experiencing and get it to a safe level.

No need to give up the AP - it is a great tuning tool and monitoring tool - it's a matter of getting the right tune on there and understanding what you are seeing in the data.

This. Ive seen some people stock tunes with -3 degrees.

TwistedTuning

Ready to race!

unless I'm looking for something specific...this is what I usually ask for from people...

Datalogs: on flat level ground. preferably straight with no turns......

1. in second gear starting at about 2000rpms, accelerate linearly and moderately. not full throttle but like accelerating from a stop light up to about 5500rpms or until the MAF Flow crests 100g/s

2. one 3rd gear pull and one 4th gear pull starting from 2800-3000rpms up to about redline (separate pulls)

3. one 3rd gear shifting into 4th and holding WOT in 4th gear for about 3 to 4 seconds (so I can check post shift timing recovery) can start this pull from like 3300rpms or so.

4. just a normal drive for about 30 seconds getting up to speed from a stop then cruising.

Parameters:

Parameters I need logged:

Accelerator Pedal Position
AFR
AFR Commanded
Boost Pressure
Camshaft Overlap Angle
Coolant Temp
ETC Angle Actual
Final Timing
Fuel Quality
Gear Current
IAT
Knock Retard Cyl.1-4
Load Actual
Load Request
Long Term Fuel Trim
MAF (airflow g/s)
Rail Pressure
RPM
Target Boost Pressure (not the max or filtered one)
Torque Actual
Tumble Flap Position
WGDC

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I see some minor leaking from my pcv plate. I will get that fixed and get you guys the logs. Thanks for your help!

corman1313

Ready to race!
Thanks for the outline Twisted, I'll work on those logs the next time I can. I'm getting this weird raise in RPM's shifting from 5th to 6th but only after I've down shifted to from 6th. And at least it seems it's a raise in RPM's.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

TwistedTuning

Ready to race!
Thanks for the outline Twisted, I'll work on those logs the next time I can. I'm getting this weird raise in RPM's shifting from 5th to 6th but only after I've down shifted to from 6th. And at least it seems it's a raise in RPM's.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
DSG or 6MT?
I see some minor leaking from my pcv plate. I will get that fixed and get you guys the logs. Thanks for your help!
no problem that's what I'm hear for