GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Summer tires for Florida.

Plasmamuffins

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got my Mk6 a couple months ago, and it came with some garbage worn Milestars. I just want something that performs well in the dry, wet, and has a decent tread warranty.

What are y'alls opinions on summer tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SyDiko

Ready to race!
I just got my Mk6 a couple months ago, and it came with some garbage worn Milestars. I just want something that performs well in the dry, wet, and has a decent tread warranty.

What are y'alls opinions on summer tires?

How much money you got the spend?

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Ib4M,

If you're looking at 225/40/18 the Contis E-DW are like $130/tire on TR, for a set thats right at your price range. Alternatives are the Hankook EV2s, which are similarly priced and great for stretching lol.

Hopefully, some better deals will be available next month for you.

Last edited:

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Michelin Pilot Super Sports but they are kinda expensive. very good wet and dry traction.

Plasmamuffins

Passed Driver's Ed
My friend told me about his re760s and how he loves them, and my other friend has the s04s. So right now I'm between those two bridgestones and the continentals

And the PSS are nice and all, but they don't last long. I daily this car so I need something that'll give me decent mileage

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Continental ExtremeContact DW

Continental ExtremeContact DW
by MANU 01, on Flickr
This.

yep, Continental ExtremeContact DW
Great tires
THis x2

Michelin Pilot Super Sports but they are kinda expensive. very good wet and dry traction.
PSS are expensive
I got my Conti Extreme DW installed with certificates for repair/replace from discount tire for about $650 (all 4) and was quoted about $1000 for PSS.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
With a dedicated set of winter wheels I think the PSS's are worth it. We need all the traction we can get

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
For what it's worth I bought a set of 4 in 235/40/18 for $724 shipped to the installer and $140 installed with alignment. Bought thru tire buyer

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
With a dedicated set of winter wheels I think the PSS's are worth it. We need all the traction we can get

We are in Florida... We dont have winter sets. We use our summer tires year round.