GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mark VII monster mats for a Mark VI Golf?

jontalk

Ready to race!
Curious if anyone here knows whether mats from a 2015 GTI would fit in a 2011 Golf. A local guy has a well priced set or nearly new GTI Monster mats and my driver side mat is falling apart.

I have the round type mat connectors in my car now and so does the mats for his GTI. And yes I know the P/N is different but since the body hasn't really changed that much I thought it would be worth a shot. Thanks for the feedback.

mmmoose

Ready to race!
Doubtful. Being a new platform (MQB) with different interior dimensions, longer wheelbase, and different floor shape altogether, etc.

zrickety

The Fixer
Scissors and a utility knife would make them fit.

jontalk

Ready to race!
Thanks I'm going to try that out and see if they do. Looking at images of the two P/N's the big difference I see on the driver mat is the 'tongue' at the top of the mat. On the Mark VI the piece is wide while the Mark VII its narrow. However the length and fitting on the holders is obviously what's important. I don't think they've been used at all and he's selling for $45 for the set which as you know is less than half price.

jontalk

Ready to race!
The guy with the mats measured the distance between the centers of the snaps that connect to the mats and there's a half inch difference between his and mine so they're not going to fit as 'mmoose' presumed. Oh well.