GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Tried a search but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I have access to a set of 18x8 et 32's. Will these fit with 225/40's on stock suspension and possibly H&R sports?Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You'll be totally fine. Do fender screw mod for peace of mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
You'll be totally fine. Do fender screw mod for peace of mind.

Not so sure about that

18x8, ET41 is close to rubbing in the front....so with 9mm more of poke, it'd need some fender work

And it's 7mm more poke than the typical 18x8.5, ET45....but with less stretch since it's only a 8" wide wheel he's looking at

It'd rub

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Not so sure about that

18x8, ET41 is close to rubbing in the front....so with 9mm more of poke, it'd need some fender work

And it's 7mm more poke than the typical 18x8.5, ET45....but with less stretch since it's only a 8" wide wheel he's looking at

It'd rub

At stock ride height or only slightly lowered?

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
For what it's worth, I'm running 225s on 18x8.5 ET38 - they've been on the car with stock springs, H&R sports, and currently VWR. They poke a bit in the front, but with stock springs there was enough room that they didn't rub. With the VWR springs, I have to take larger bumps and dips slow or they'll rub. With the H&Rs, they rubbed a lot over even moderate bumps at lower speeds.

ET32 with H&Rs will definitely rub.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
9.5 et35 on 225/40/18. Stock camber koni coilovers all the way down.
fully compressed shocks, obv rubbing.

Same set up but maxed out stock camber in rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
would a 18x8.5 et 40 with a 225/40 or 235/XX fit well? thinking of getting a set of wheels that i can daily on and track with.

jeez

Ready to race!
Leggera HLT 18x8 ET48

Leggera HLT 18x8 ET48 fitment is spot on really.

I'll post better pics at some point.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Currently running a 19x8.5 in the front and 19x9.5 et 48 in the rear. I'm not rubbing as I've raised my coils a bit and am moderately close to stock height - however I'm not huge on a lot of camber, but I'd like to put just a little to make sure it doesn't rub. Any suggestions? Should I be fine in the front?

I currently have 225 front and 235 rear. No rubbing yet but I also have only done light driving.

Last edited:

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Those those running wider wheels

18x9 et47
Will this hit the front strut or the rear shock? Not too worried about how it sits with the fenders. Gonna pull accordingly. Just wanna make sure it won't hit anything on the inside haha

I test fit 18x9 +46 front and it hits when the bolts are torqued down. Rear should be fine, again, 9 +46 on mine is pretty close but there's more wiggle room than the front. If you're going for 9 +47, 3-5mm spacer front should do the trick. Might want to add spacers in the rear as well so it doesn't look goofy.