GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dude's R Build

Espinafre

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, I mean the wow-factor was pretty high at first. It's calmed down a bit (like with every mod) but I'm still very happy. I've had time to play with all the settings and it's cool to be able to go from sport on a spirited backroad drive to eco I when on the highway in real time.

I ended up getting it for $225 from Mike the USA rep on vortex. You can find him here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...reme-Power-House!!-On-Sale-for-a-LIMITED-TIME!

I did consider sprintbooster but it's more expensive and has less adjustability.

Thanks for the feedback. I just pulled the trigger. $213 Memorial Day special.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Be careful doing this. I did the same and once the sticky part of the tape gets into the door latch it ends up screwing the latch up. I had two door latches fail because of the tape. Fail as in the door wouldn't latch anymore and everytime I closed the door I'd have to beat on the latch and slam the door to get it to close :mad:

Jinxed me dude:laugh:

Turns out my door latch is failing... what's funny is that it's actually not even the door I taped.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
So I went ahead and replaced the door latch. Part #5K1837015E

I coulda gotten it for $130 from amazon but I needed it right away so I grabbed from the dealer for $170... I was getting tired of using the passenger door to get in my car and climbing over the center console:laugh:

Works flawlessly now and all again is well in the world of Dude:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I've been curious about these things for years. I've seen a few scattered threads out there where OP would be so excited and claim they should have done it long ago only to get blasted for wasting money on a useless gimmicky product. I could sort of see the logic why people would be so hostile towards a product like this so I finally had to try it for myself.

I went with the Remus Responder. Install was easy and first driving impressions are that this thing is awesome. I've only tried sport mode so far, dialing up and down a few notches to test how it changes the responsiveness of the throttle. I'm really impressed and probably should have done it long ago.

huge topic in subaru world regarding all our custom e-tunes. Most people want to get rid of the very advanced throttle the cars have stock, and they go with linear throttle. I am the odd one, and i instruct my tuners to leave it very sensitive, sort of replicating what this device does.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
huge topic in subaru world regarding all our custom e-tunes. Most people want to get rid of the very advanced throttle the cars have stock, and they go with linear throttle. I am the odd one, and i instruct my tuners to leave it very sensitive, sort of replicating what this device does.

Sup dude! That's funny. But, hey, we like what we like. I also like being able to adjust it on the fly.

Btw- I did use your video to help me pull the door panel off to replace my door latch so thanks for that! Even referenced it in the quick DIY I made here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8671257-DIY-changing-the-front-door-latch

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Sad day for the dude... R is down...

Bevel box blew to bits during a Turkey Day road trip about 300 miles from home.... the dealer up there who looked at it said the part isn't in the US and takes about 10 days to arrive from Germany. Shipped the R home and trying to decide what to do with her... sell for parts or man the fuck up is the question...

Just stunned by the whole ordeal

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Sad day for the dude... R is down...

Bevel box blew to bits during a Turkey Day road trip about 300 miles from home.... the dealer up there who looked at it said the part isn't in the US and takes about 10 days to arrive from Germany. Shipped the R home and trying to decide what to do with her... sell for parts or man the fuck up is the question...

Just stunned by the whole ordeal

Sad!

The dude must continue 4biding.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Keep on keeping on!

Attachments

• IMG_5143.jpg
    IMG_5143.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 126

zrickety

The Fixer
Dude! Look on ebay and check with LKQ. I bet there's a few of these kicking around local. I had to get the Honda equivalent of the bevel box for my wife's 2016 Pilot...it was $500 but it shipped quick and I fixed it.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Dude! Look on ebay and check with LKQ. I bet there's a few of these kicking around local. I had to get the Honda equivalent of the bevel box for my wife's 2016 Pilot...it was $500 but it shipped quick and I fixed it.
Thanks man. Hearing stuff like this helps push me towards resurrecting the old girl. I did find two guys from VW groups who have the part and so hopefully I can get this underway soon!

Keep on keeping on!
Thank you for the inspiration, my friend! I just grabbed a CPO mk7 GTI as a daily while I work this out.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Thank you for the inspiration, my friend! I just grabbed a CPO mk7 GTI as a daily while I work this out.

Oh sweet, I have done almost every mod available on my MK7 and have videos on everything. Full stage 2, E30 mix, and some more rare mods like Fluidmpr pulley, custom fogs behind grill, and aftermarket steering wheel. But I suppose you won't be modding your mk7 too much....

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Oh sweet, I have done almost every mod available on my MK7 and have videos on everything. Full stage 2, E30 mix, and some more rare mods like Fluidmpr pulley, custom fogs behind grill, and aftermarket steering wheel. But I suppose you won't be modding your mk7 too much....
That's awesome. Yeah... thinking of keeping it pretty stock while I get the R back to health. Definitely going to put a short shifter with upgraded end link bushings on ASAP. I'm going to also have a guy look over the paint and decide if it's worth putting a clear bra on given the few minor chips it came with.

I'm finding so many awesome features in this thing... like the digital boost gauge on the infotainment display! So rad... although who knows how accurate it is... says I hit over 32PSI in 3rd.