GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I would like to see that as well, had my dg springs since February haven't put them yet. Still thinking about getting koni yellows . Im at 28k with stock suspension as well. Identical Color and car lol

Sent from my Pixel

IAtegeler

Ready to race!
Put it on a flatbed & sent it to the dealer.

Went to leave this morning & the brake pedal was hard as a rock. Drove slowly around the block & came back home because it had no brakes. I'm guessing a bad brake booster or a dead vacuum pump. I should know some time tomorrow. Thank goodness for a CPO warranty.

pphotos like this make me want to get rid of my GTI. I love the car but everytime I get in I am afraid another issue is going to come up.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Putting the DG springs on OEM shocks and dampers? Will like to see how it looks once they are on.

I would like to see that as well, had my dg springs since February haven't put them yet. Still thinking about getting koni yellows . Im at 28k with stock suspension as well. Identical Color and car lol

this is 4 door DSG DG springs on a 4 door DSG car with stock shocks/struts. Hard to tell with the shitty iPhone pic but its the best I could find. Are you guys worried about the ride quality or look? both? I just hit 50k and I feel like the comfortability has not really changed from when the car was on stock springs. I also don't really feel like the handling is all that different. Sometimes I look at the car and I am very pleased with how it sits but there are times I wish it was lower. I'm sticking with these though because this car is my daily and I drive on New York roads...

edit: found some more

Last edited:

clownish

just clowning around
Did about a 525 mile trip this weekend into the ADK region, and usually same time every year. Last year was completely stock but was really fun. This year I had fresh coilovers and APR stage 1 tune! At first I was a little nervous but the car felt great. Perfect weather made for excellent back road driving.

I go there annually - love it. That area is awesome and the driving around there is great as well. Guess the bears didn't make an appearance if you're posting now. :laugh:

this is 4 door DSG DG springs on a 4 door DSG car with stock shocks/struts. Hard to tell with the shitty iPhone pic but its the best I could find. Are you guys worried about the ride quality or look? both? I just hit 50k and I feel like the comfortability has not really changed from when the car was on stock springs. I also don't really feel like the handling is all that different. Sometimes I look at the car and I am very pleased with how it sits but there are times I wish it was lower. I'm sticking with these though because this car is my daily and I drive on New York roads...

I had DG springs on stock struts for about 20k mi and I swapped out because I felt like it was getting crashy and uncomfortable. I know stiff suspension vs. bad suspension and it felt bad. I then went on to Bilstien PSS9s and now PSS10s so I totally get stiff, hard, sporty suspension. Did not like DG springs on stock stuff. On my R32 I swapped from stock to VWR springs and Bilstien B8 struts and it feels so much better.

Highly recommend changing struts and springs.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Highly recommend changing struts and springs.

Thanks for the feedback, ill definitly upgrade them in the future when the ride worsens. I know that just because Im getting away with it now doesnt make it ideal. Im gonna see how long I can go on the stock ones. If you have the money to purchase the shocks/struts its much easier to do it all while everything is apart but I thnk you can get away with the stock ones for a little especially if you only have 20-30k

ShawnP

Ready to race!
Finally got myself a camera. Took some shots today... still learning.
Tell me what you think? Gonna add a dog pic or two for all my dog lovers out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the feedback, ill definitly upgrade them in the future when the ride worsens. I know that just because Im getting away with it now doesnt make it ideal. Im gonna see how long I can go on the stock ones. If you have the money to purchase the shocks/struts its much easier to do it all while everything is apart but I thnk you can get away with the stock ones for a little especially if you only have 20-30k

Exactly my situation. I put VWR on stock components. Love how much better the spring handling is but kind of wish I just upgraded the shocks and struts when it was all apart as they'll just wear out at a higher rate and become to rough. I had them installed with 27k. Granted I have H&R sway bars, SuperPro control arms with anti-lift bushings, and all the braces for the rear. The only thing that makes me annoyed is how much the front squeaks even with the Audi TT strut mounts and new bearings.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Finally got myself a camera

I spent 5 min trying to locate a rearview camera then I realized you were talking about the actual camera you took the pics with :confused:

I really like the wheels. Would love to get a set of peelers or reps

I like the license plate cover too. Not sure what the laws are in PA regarding that but I recently got a very hefty ticket for having something similar in NY...

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
On my R32 I swapped from stock to VWR springs and Bilstien B8 struts and it feels so much better.

Highly recommend changing struts and springs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback on the Bilstein. I was wondering which would work best with them.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
pphotos like this make me want to get rid of my GTI. I love the car but everytime I get in I am afraid another issue is going to come up.

Cars are made from many parts. Some will break then you fix them & keep on driving. All cars are that way. At least the GTI is a fine machine that I enjoy driving. I bet getting rid of your GTI will cost more than most any repair you'd have to do to it.

ShawnP

Ready to race!
I spent 5 min trying to locate a rearview camera then I realized you were talking about the actual camera you took the pics with :confused:

I really like the wheels. Would love to get a set of peelers or reps

I like the license plate cover too. Not sure what the laws are in PA regarding that but I recently got a very hefty ticket for having something similar in NY...

I never have any problems with the plate cover it looks darker in the photo then it really is.

The wheels were given to me by my buddy, he took them off is S4 bc they were al beat up. Fixed them bitches up, powdered them and boom like new.

somerset91

Ready to race!

D'OH!!!!!

Got too impatient backing up into a gas pump and scraped both my doors and the lower sill against the little concrete curb.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Finally got myself a camera. Took some shots today... still learning.
Tell me what you think? Gonna add a dog pic or two for all my dog lovers out there

Impressive pictures! Especially the interior shot. We need to get a new camera. It's pretty low on the list though.

Marco'sGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Said to myself, "LED tails are cool, but mine work fine so not wasting money on them."...Should be here in about a week lol.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Very tempted to switch from APR to either Eurodyne or Unitronic. I have a K04 with the low output file currently, and am too lazy to drive hours to get the correct file. I want to be able to flash my car at home in the driveway, and not feel like a perv when I do it. Any of you guys have Eurodyne or Unitronic K04 software that had APR before? OR is APR v3.1 as good as it gets for K04?