GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Charge pipe hose came off

Ovedz123

Installed FMIC last night. But hose on the charge pipe side blew off wasn't tight enough. Drove it back home super slow, popped it back on. Double checked it all seems good. But wasnt making any boost (maybe in limp mode). Cleared all codes, reflashed tune. Now I'm pulling 18 lbs instead of 21, car feels a little tired. With a new FMIC I was expecting 1-2 lb drop of boost denser air and of course more piping. But maybe the car is relearning? Idk spooked me good. Once car cools off I’ll wiggle the compressor on the turbo.

Little info on the car running a stratified tune basic bolt ons, pancake pipe, charge pipe, downpipe intake, 2012 gti of course.

Last edited:

slowgti08

Ready to race!
From what I understand sometimes you don’t have to get the same PSI because the turbo has to work less to make the requested power due to the FMIC

Uberryan

Banned
Boost =/ power in this sense. When it's cooler out, you'll require and produce less boost (Intercooler noted)

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Yeah its a misnomer that more boost is power. When you add an IC cooler air is denser and needs less compression (boost)to hit targets. Thats why when people say I want to make all the boost, I tell them stock ic and stock pipes for hottest more compressed air to make power.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk