GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 1 Stutters with Heavy Engine Load

tamz273

Ready to race!
Been running Stage 1 for a couple weeks and I noticed this since day 1. When I step on the gas in third gear or higher and the car starts to pull hard, I feel a stutter. Almost like the car hesitates to really open up. It'll open then hold back then open again n hold back again and just keeps doing out throughout the whole gear. This only happens in higher RPM's (4500+). When I revert back to stock the pull is smooth again.

It seems like the turbo is hesitant or like a fuel pump issue but I couldnt really pinpoint it because I had nothing to base my conclusion on. I took it back to the APR guys that flashed my ECU and they said they cant really help without a lead (CEL). They said it sounds like the DV which I was planning on changing anyway, just not yet.

Anyone else experience this? Any idea's why it could be happening?

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Either DV is done and can't hold boost or your clutch might be slipping if your MT.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I had that happen to me couple times, though it doesn't happen anymore...

If it does, i will have a look at my DV and replace it with rev D!

allset

Go Kart Champion
It happended to me yesterday when i went stage 2, it adjusted after 40 miles or so and didint doit. I switched to stock then back to 2 and it staret all over.

Dont switch back and forth; leave it in stage 1 for 50 miles at least and see if it stops.

zecpull1

Ready to race!
Mine is doing this also.. In the 91 Program.. at 3000 Rpm it starts to Shudder.. like a Miss.. I go back to Stock and it will Pull Hard all the way to Redline. I could not even Pass someone. I have always run 92 Oct. I am under 15K . and I thought in the winter that maybe it was because of the Cold air?

sikhgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Do these symptoms appear all the time. My 2010 gti does this also when its cold. As soon as soon as it reaches normal operating temp. The car runs great

allset

Go Kart Champion
mine only does it when the ecu is "learning" after an upgrade or switch

BeauG

Ready to race!
Do these symptoms appear all the time. My 2010 gti does this also when its cold. As soon as soon as it reaches normal operating temp. The car runs great

Mine will hesitate a bit when the motor is cold. I just let it warm up before I push it hard and then everything is fine. Gotta let that oil thin out a bit so you can spin that compressor!

allset

Go Kart Champion
Mine stuttered and fluttered when I first got both stage 1 and 2 flashed...it only lasted the first day then went away...adaptation is what I chalked it up to.

^^ What he said^^ just let it stay in stage 2 for40-50+ miles. If it doesnt adapt after 60 or so, then its something else. This way is eas,y no cost first line diagnosis. Do some hard driving also during this period if u choose to try it.

zecpull1

Ready to race!
I went from the 91 to the 93 program.. ..it Ran great for 2 or 3 pulls then starts the Shudder again.. I will Put it back in the 91 program.. But I drove it 100 miles yesterday..and it was still doing it on the way home. I am not getting an ECU light, I have before.. It has done this since it went back to the dealer at 10k. I had the program in stock and locked out.? but I am not sure

tamz273

Ready to race!
Mine is only at 5k, so I doubt its the DV specially since I really dont push it that hard. I've been driving it flashed for over 1k miles and its still doing the same thing. I tried switching to the 91 map while running 93 gas and it does the same. Only goes away while in the stock map.

Any thoughts other than a DV? Even though that is my next upgrade regardless..

Yosh

Log boost VS wastegate duty cycle (MVB118) and check if the throttle is closing (MVB003) and general boost (MVB 115)...This will give you an indication if it is SW of HW related...