GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 10-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #1
rigti9
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2k10 CW GTI
iPhone 4S and Bluetooth

I'm having issues getting my GTI's bluetooth to be recognized in my new iPhone 4S. I used bluetooth pretty heavily for talking on the phone while driving and streaming pandora. The phone doesn't pickup the bluetooth signal. Do I need to do a firmware update? If so, how do I go about doing that? It worked pretty well w/ my 3G, and I've disabled that one just to be sure there was no crossover from the car looking for that phone. Any help is great. Thanks

**also I've got a 2010 GTI w/out Nav, if that makes any difference. I don't remember which unit that represents.***
2010 VW GTI Candy White 4dr: 35% Tint All Around - DSG - APR Stage 1 - Yakima Roof Rack - DRL's Off - Tinted Mirror Signals - Black Lens Caps - Raderwerks C8 18x8/9 (summers) - 16" Steelies (winters) Red Foot Wells (LED) - GTI Metal Seat Lever Tabs APR Carbonio Intake Stg 1 Soon to have: Black Vinyl Roof, Color Match Valence, Noise Pipe Delete

Last edited by rigti9; 10-19-2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: give more info on car.
rigti9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
Red2011GTI
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI - TR Stage II+
That's odd. Mine recognized my 4s with no problem. My car is a 2011. I understand that the 2010 bluetooth is different but that should not matter when it comes to recognizing the 4s.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #3
Carbon Steel
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: Carbon Steel Gray 2010 GTI (6/1/10)
Mine did not recognize at first, general settings, blue tooth on, re inserted key, pressed the blue tooth on car overhead, then after about a minute it showed VW and then gave the screen to enter the 0000 code, paired.

You may have to turn the phone off, reinsert key in car a time or two, but it will pair.

2010 CSG GTI, 18" Detroits W/Summer Tires, Autobahn Package, DSG,RNS510 Touch Screen Nav, GTI Mat Kit,
2013 Red Turbo Beetle, Sun, Sound and Navigation, Red and Black Leather interior
Carbon Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
marcnice

Drives: 2010 VW GTi (MK6) 4Door
Send a message via AIM to marcnice Send a message via Yahoo to marcnice
iPhone 4s Charging...

I haven't had any problems connecting via BluTooth however I used to have the iPhone4 which worked perfectly but once I upgraded to the iPhone4s the data port will no longer charge my unit... It will still play my music and connect via blutooth for the phone but now I run out of juice while listening to music. Any ideas out there???
marcnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
DougDome
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Shadow Blue 2dr Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcnice View Post
I haven't had any problems connecting via BluTooth however I used to have the iPhone4 which worked perfectly but once I upgraded to the iPhone4s the data port will no longer charge my unit... It will still play my music and connect via blutooth for the phone but now I run out of juice while listening to music. Any ideas out there???
just get a charger that connects to your regular 12v outlet.
DougDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #6
daveofds
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Golf TDI DSG 4 door
Mine worked out of the box for the first few months, then suddenly a few weeks ago it started screwing up. I suspect an apple update. I can still connect, but no functions. No sound, just static hiss from player and callers cannot hear me on phone.
daveofds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #7
daveofds
Passed Driver's Ed

Angry Iphone 4s bluetooth connection malfunction

I have lost functionality in my iPhone 4s also. Worked great the first few months, but then suddenly stopped about a month ago. No sound, just hiss on radio, no one can hear me on the phone.
Found many other postings on Apple about same problem. I think it is with the last update to 5.0.1. Apple needs to fix it.
I can still plug my phone in and access menus through the radio, but I have to turn bluetooth off for it to play podcasts and songs.

Last edited by daveofds; 02-03-2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: title
Old 02-04-2012, 12:10 AM   #8
daveofds
Passed Driver's Ed

Fixed! Called Applecare. In Settings, General, reset all settings. Now it works, but BT volume is way too high!!! Switching from radio to BT player volume shoots way up!!!
Old 02-04-2012, 01:47 AM   #9
Aries Pope
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn DSG 4dr Black
I think theres a bluetooth RVU that affects Bluetooth searching. Might be worth a search. Ni got it when I got oil change along with a DSG RVU. I wasn't haing BT issues though.
> R20 LED Tails | S2T Paddles | AWE Boost | SuperbrightLEDs | PIAA Fogs
> My Build Thread
Aries Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #10
JRide
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI, Shadow Blue, Manual
Send a message via AIM to JRide
I'll have to look for an update because in both my 2010 and 2012 my iPhone 4 would connect to BT randomly. A lot of times I have to go into the bluetooth settings and manually connect it that is very annoying. I just got the 4S so we'll see if thats any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveofds View Post
Fixed! Called Applecare. In Settings, General, reset all settings. Now it works, but BT volume is way too high!!! Switching from radio to BT player volume shoots way up!!!
Is your sound check on? The option is in "Music" under settings. This helped a lot after I almost blew my ear drums out!
JRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #11
daveofds
Passed Driver's Ed

Fixed the problem. Per Applecare suggestion reset all settings on iphone. All functionality restored with blue tooth. Is there anyway to mitigate the volume discrepency between FM and Media? switched from FM to media today and got blasted with superhigh volume. I thought it my damage my speakers!!!
Old 02-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #12
daveofds
Passed Driver's Ed

Thanks, I just set it to on. Do you know what the "iTunes match" button does?
Old 02-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
daveofds
Passed Driver's Ed

Fixed - reset all settings in general settings on iPhone.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #14
jkeegan
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Black 2010 GTI
Send a message via AIM to jkeegan
My 4S works great in my car, i have a 2010 gti. I purchased an extension cable for the Ipod/iphone hookup in the armrest, Im sure most of you realized that putting your phone in there is a huge pain in the ass and not useful at all, so i got an extension for that. Then i have a promount mount right next to my stereo system so that i can see my phone, change songs easily, etc and everything is peachy
jkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010 gti, bluetooth, iphone