GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowered on H&R Street Performance

Stein357

Ready to race!
Futrell Autowerks (they're great) was kind enough to install my coilovers with spacers today. There's about 1 finger gap all the way around with 5mm spacers on the front and 8mm on the rear. Ride isn't bad at all, easily the best riding coilovers I've ever had. No rubbing so far at each. Took some pictures with my iPhone, I'll try to get higher resolution pictures later.

eevolution3

Passed Driver's Ed
hi there,

Great looking car.. :) R u running the Trak H&R spacers?

the fronts at 5mm are those hubcentric? I wonder if uve tried 8mm at the fronts before deciding on the 5mm ones? Im currently running BBS CHR 19x8 ET 50 (think the same as Detroits) thus a real world feedback would be much appreciated :)

thanks..

SargeMKVI

Semper Fi!
Looks really good!!!! Makes those Huffs stand out.

Did you get an alignment? Looks like the rear camber is off. But, it could be an optical illusion. I had the same thing with my 350z. The body line made the rear look off.

Overall great job. Im thinking of getting the same kit for mine.

Stein357

Ready to race!
eevolution3 - Yes, I am running H&R Spacers. I believe all H&R Spacers are hubcentric. I probably could have gone with an 8mm in the front, and still may do so in the future, but I wanted to stay on the conservative side and not have to worry about the car rubbing. FYI, the Detroit is 18x7.5 +51, your CH stick out an extra 7mm compared to them. I'd be careful putting a spacer on them if you're lowered.

Pissed rabbit - No I haven't got an alignment, but I'm guessing the rear camber is still within factory specs.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Wonder how much further out the karthoums stick... It's 18x8 with et50... I have the same coilover but was thinking of spacers too.

Stein357

Ready to race!
7mm, you could probably go a 5mm front and 8mm rear and be mine, I know there's spacer for mine.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
stein357, are you going to get your car corner balanced?

Stein357

Ready to race!
No, the alignment comes with the installation at Futrell and I don't think they corner balance. This is just a street car so I'm not too worried about it.

eevolution3

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Stein,

Thanks for your reply. Quick question. I intend to purchase the H&R Trak through AWE (together with some other mod stuff thus would be easier in terms of shipping) and was told that the 5mm spacers aren't hubcentric due to it not having enough material etc? Is that true? AS u mentioned below the 5mm's should be hcentric. Appreciate ure comments thks:)

eevolution3 - Yes, I am running H&R Spacers. I believe all H&R Spacers are hubcentric. I probably could have gone with an 8mm in the front, and still may do so in the future, but I wanted to stay on the conservative side and not have to worry about the car rubbing. FYI, the Detroit is 18x7.5 +51, your CH stick out an extra 7mm compared to them. I'd be careful putting a spacer on them if you're lowered.

Pissed rabbit - No I haven't got an alignment, but I'm guessing the rear camber is still within factory specs.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Did you require spacers to fit the stock Huffs or you just added it to improve the stance?

Stein357

Ready to race!
Didn't require it, just wanted it for improved stance. If I didn't have the spacers I could go lower!

zee

Go Kart Champion
Didn't require it, just wanted it for improved stance. If I didn't have the spacers I could go lower!

Alright, Thanks.:thumbsup:
Just thought to confirm as H&R website had indicated "Spacers may be required when the standard wheel / tire combination is used". Mine will be rolling on Huffs without spacers.