Votes: 195 51.6%
  • Serron

Votes: 55 14.6%
  • Detroit

Votes: 128 33.9%

• Total voters

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Beautiful! Great detailing work! Did you polish the barrels too or just the faces? By hand or with a DA? I only have a 6" griots so I couldn't really do much on the wheels so I just tried m205 by hand...I knew it wouldn't really do much without a polisher but gave it a shot anyway. Hoping to pick up a 3" DA this spring so I can polish my wheels the right way.

They do look excellent I must say. Was opticoat or VX1 Glass pro or anything used on them (super sealant I mean)? I've used both but the VX1 is just a bit better looking, OC is much more durable though.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I really wouldn't mind picking up a set of Detroits and stripping them down and completely polishing the aluminum to a mirror. Definitely would look great!

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
They do look excellent I must say. Was opticoat or VX1 Glass pro or anything used on them (super sealant I mean)? I've used both but the VX1 is just a bit better looking, OC is much more durable though.

No, just Mother's synthetic sealant. Thanks, I did a test area on my least perfect Detroit with the DA with a Meguiars finishing pad and mirror glaze m205 and couldn't believe how well it worked with so little effort. The swirls were gone and a near flawless mirror finish remained. So then I decided to do all4

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
No, just Mother's synthetic sealant. Thanks, I did a test area on my least perfect Detroit with the DA with a Meguiars finishing pad and mirror glaze m205 and couldn't believe how well it worked with so little effort. The swirls were gone and a near flawless mirror finish remained. So then I decided to do all4

Sounds good... if you looked into the opticoat (or maybe you did) it's a very hard and durable finish... it would preserve your work for a very long time. Just in case you wanted something like that. Either way, very good looking, keep those suckers coated all the time. I actually started using Collinite fleetwax on my wheels.. it's super durable, as it was made for boats so salt and such doesn't strip it off nearly as fast as some other LSPs.

reedsposer22

Ready to race!
Serrons but i am biased too. Detroits are for sissies