GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best exhaust sound for MK6 GTI for daily drive, no drone

EGOMAN

Hi all,

I Have 13' GTI and i want to add some nice sound by only installing a catback (not interested in power gains), keep in mind this is a daily drive and i do a lot of highway driving (100km a day) so drone is a big NO!
I want something quiet when cursing but goes into beast mode when you floor it, even a bit of nice tone during cruising is welcomed without giving me headache for prolonged driving periods.

So please give me your suggestions with youtube link if possible
Also the cost of such setup :)

Muratti

Ready to race!
Imo, it would a used Unitronics catback from the forum. You can find it for about $400-450. I had one for about a year with a commute of about 90 miles per day and were prettt happy with the sound without drone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
AWE Tuning. I have had mine for a year and I love it. No drone at all on the highway and has nice tones while cruising around. Makes a war cry when you want it to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasonaltima

Ready to race!
Check out Beluga. Their cat back is only 349. I'm getting their turbo back exhaust very soon. And there are tons of sound clips on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Check out Beluga. Their cat back is only 349. I'm getting their turbo back exhaust very soon. And there are tons of sound clips on YouTube.

Yeah, but their exhaust is not as thick and lower quality stainless steel. I had it, wasn't impressed with the quality and the fitment was terrible. Plus he'll get quite a bit of drone with it as I did. Spend a little more and get a better quality exhaust that will last.

FriggenT1

Banned
Yeah, but their exhaust is not as thick and lower quality stainless steel. I had it, wasn't impressed with the quality and the fitment was terrible. Plus he'll get quite a bit of drone with it as I did. Spend a little more and get a better quality exhaust that will last.

I've been happy with my UR downpipe...not sure how the full exhaust sounds, but quality is high.

EGOMAN

Awesome thanks for the suggestions will check them out.
What about Magnaflow and Unitronic? They both have nice deep sound but no idea about the drone

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Awesome thanks for the suggestions will check them out.
What about Magnaflow and Unitronic? They both have nice deep sound but no idea about the drone

No idea on Magnaflow. How Unitronic is designed, I bet you wouldn't get any drone. It has a muffler/resonator in the center and a suitcase muffler in the back. Plus you're still on a factory downpipe which has two-cats and a resonator.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
No idea on Magnaflow. How Unitronic is designed, I bet you wouldn't get any drone. It has a muffler/resonator in the center and a suitcase muffler in the back. Plus you're still on a factory downpipe which has two-cats and a resonator.

I would avoid Beluga honestly. Depending on where you live, it won't hold up well to road salt since it's a cheap stainless steel. I love my AWE Tuning exhaust and since you only want a catback for right now it's only $550ish new and the quality is excellent. It's also 2.5" I.D. so you want have any issues trying to mate it up with the factory.

jasonaltima

Ready to race!
I've always heard good things about Beluga. My next choice is borla but I can't use there catless downpipe cause it won't pass state inspection