GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Suspension

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
hello all. I have fk streetlines installed on my mk6 golf. winter is coming and my car is starting to creek like crazy. I just want to put my stock suspension back on. Am I missing anything and if so can anyone give part names or numbers. thanks in advanced.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
You're missing the rear bump stops, rear dust boots, rear shock mounts, and rear upper spring isolators (rubber pads).

You'll also need new front sway bar endlinks, if you don't have those laying around already (I'm guessing no)

And it looks like you're gonna have to cut that sway bar endlink stud/nut off the one OEM strut before you can install it

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Plus all new hardware. Pretty much every bolt you touch for this job is torque-to-yield, and will need to be replaced.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
really...new hardware. when I got the coils installed I'm assuming he used same bolts.. I didn't give him new ones and didn't pay for ones. wow that's re-assuring. thanks again guys.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
really...new hardware. when I got the coils installed I'm assuming he used same bolts.. I didn't give him new ones and didn't pay for ones. wow that's re-assuring. thanks again guys.

Maybe where some creaking is coming from?????*♂️

I was just told that for the rear suspension the the mk6 nothing is TTY. At least according to the tech guy at ECS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I thought these cars just made a little extra noise when it got cold outside. Mine is still super quiet, no squeaks, creaks, or rattles unless it's below freezing outside and then it makes all sorts of fun noises. Did on the bone stock suspension as well.