GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post DP install questions.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
After work today I installed me 42DD pipe. It's a catted and resonated version.

Quick word on the install. EASY. Everything lined up perfectly and other than a missing nut that I might have lost things went perfect.

I installed the pipe in anticipation of the APR spring sale (hint hint apr hurry up) but other than the pipe the car is bone stock.

Now on the way home from doing the install I've noticed I picked up around 4psi of boost over what I did have.

Is that normal? I'm able to pull 14-15psi of boost reliably. Before I averaged 10-11psi.

I also want to say that acceleration is smoother and quicker but I know all too well about how the mind plays tricks.

On a jaunt through Mexico I was able to floor it and the car seemed to run out of steam at 120. That fairly normal? Was like I hit a wall.

Thanks.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
If you are running your stock car up to 120mph, you have more things to worry about besides power slump.

P

plac

the ECU is confused for a bit cuz of teh extra flow. so it could boost a little higher than normal. it should settle down if you dont change the tune.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
the ECU is confused for a bit cuz of teh extra flow. so it could boost a little higher than normal. it should settle down if you dont change the tune.

That is what I was thinking. Seems to have a bit more pep which is fun.