GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody that has a manual

Justinjor

Ready to race!
Success! Vibration is gone! Thankfully I didn't have to go to the dealer for it because if they tried to tell me it was normal, we would have a problem.

It's 99% gone, and I would say 100% but I feel like I'm experiencing phantom vibrations but they should go away soon enough. I even tried to drive it with the RPMs staying in the vibration range and I couldn't duplicate them.

As far as cleanliness, I'm going to have to build a bracket or something because it looks horrendous as it sits right now. I'm thinking I could make something out of aluminum that bolts to the factory airbox mounting location and presses up on the S1/S2 joint. I dont know though, I'll definitely have to experiment and see what works best.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in! This was such an annoyance and I'm tickled pink that it is gone.

Justinjor

Ready to race!
Here are a couple pictures of the cheesiness.

Attachments

• IMAG0170.jpg
    IMAG0170.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 243
  • IMAG0171.jpg
    IMAG0171.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 235

honkbruno

Ready to race!
Wow, now I can't wait to go on lunch time and do this to my car!

*Hoping sixzerofour can post some pics of his setup as well*

Yeah, I'd still like to see it too. I'm thrilled that this works but I don't want it to be a permanent solution. Then again, if a homemade bracket looks like a$$ I'd rather use the cable ties.

honkbruno

Ready to race!
I'm thinking I could make something out of aluminum that bolts to the factory airbox mounting location and presses up on the S1/S2 joint.

Does anyone know what size the bolt is on the original airbox?

Edit: I bought some bolts this evening, and the winner is:

Ding, ding, ding!!! 6mm!!! Congratulations to our winner!

Attachments

• IMG_1340 copy.jpg
    IMG_1340 copy.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
P

plac

Has anyone found a solution for Carbonio Stage 1 intakes so that nothing is resting on the brake line? Adjustments to the clamps only seems to lessen the weight of the intake system on the brake line. As long as there is still contact between the two there is still vibration being felt in the clutch.

not a fix, but a help for the wear and insulation. Silicone hose.

SixZeroFour

Ready to race!
Sorry guys, I haven't had the car for over a week thanks to a lady scratching up my fender :mad0259: I'll get some pics once I have the car back.

NJvdub1

hey i just bought a 2011 gti about a week or two ago and it was making a weird pulsing sound in the back of the car but you could feel it shake the car a little when you shift into 3rd and 4th so i took it to vw for them to look at it and they told me they have never heard this before so they worked on my car for about a week talking to the tech out in germany and installed a brand new transmission, new flywheel and clutch and found out that the there a piece of metal stuck in the dull mass flywheel so they changed that and now my car is running fine now I don't know if this is what your feeling and hearing but hope it helps.