GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
What do you guys use to treat your yard? I use Scotts weed & Feed, but it kills me to spend $50+ on some grass food. Is there cheaper shit or am I stuck with Scotts?

I usually use the vigero weed and feed from menards.

This year I used the stuff from the gf's company. They sell product to villages and golf courses. Claims it's the parent company of scotts. My grass looks better than I think it has in the last 12 years. The rain helped, but my god. It's like a shag carpet so thick and green.

Jaber

Modero
Make sure it gets plenty of sun and water during its germination period. That straw blanket helps give it the nutrients to grow and keep the seeds from blowing everywhere. But once its gone you need to feed it. Like I told bart2278, mulch your lawn, dont cut it short. If the sod doesnt take, then you wasted a fair bit of money so make sure the roots grow out of the rolled up sod. You can also throw down some seed on the already existing grass to help fill in some patches.

Do I mulch all the time? Or just every so often?

For the sod and straw blanket, should I be using the same seed? Or are there specific bags that work better for one or the other? [Grabs pen/paper].

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Grass chat with the bois

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Do I mulch all the time? Or just every so often?

For the sod and straw blanket, should I be using the same seed? Or are there specific bags that work better for one or the other? [Grabs pen/paper].

I would personally do every other time. If you start to see it dwindling then up it to every time.

Use the same seed. Just make sure its the same species otherwise it will either not grow right or it will look weird. Like some really dark grass vs some really light looking grass. Usually the ones you find at your local home improvement store carry only the species that exist in your region. But you never know. Midwest usually has kentucky blue and fescue.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Glad to see my thread is still alive. I think this is better than thread title tbh.

I practically live in Chicago now IIRC.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I usually use the vigero weed and feed from menards.

This year I used the stuff from the gf's company. They sell product to villages and golf courses. Claims it's the parent company of scotts. My grass looks better than I think it has in the last 12 years. The rain helped, but my god. It's like a shag carpet so thick and green.

My lawn is in decent shape, and for the record I don't give two fucks about lawncare, but I live in a neighborhood, so by default, I have to. I also have big old trees with exposed roots and they mess up the overall look of the uniformity of the grass. I'm definitely going to branch out to some cheaper priced weed and feed. Dat shag carpet visual doe.

Feel free to stop by my house, I will leave beer outside for you :lol:

This

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I mulch every cutting unless it's super long because I didn't get to cut it. The grass grows and takes nutrients from the ground which basically takes the dirty away. If you don't put material back down, you will just erode the area. I have plants in the house that the dirt level magically gets lower as the plants grow.

Blankets are overrated and not needed. I just seeded along my driveway a couple weeks ago and it's popping like crazy (except where my crazy neighbor dug it out the other day). Put seed down and put some dirt over the seed. You have to water it daily, at least 2 times if possible until it germinates and starts growing. Then at lease once a day until it's established.

For those that have roots popping up, either trim the roots or fill low areas with dirt and seed. That's what I did and it made my lawn look normal again. They are starting to creep up again so I need to do again.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

clownish

just clowning around
ChiChat17:Someone is going to get fired for this

What do you guys use to treat your yard? I use Scotts weed & Feed, but it kills me to spend $50+ on some grass food. Is there cheaper shit or am I stuck with Scotts?

Organic grass service twice a month because I feel bad about being so lazy. So "organic" chemicals. Whatever that means.

I too couldn't give a flying duck about my lawn so I do the bare minimum to keep it from dying and my neighbors from yelling at me or cursing me with voodoo behind my back. As it is my hedges are all half dead and I need to do something but they're 20 ft all and a bitch of an expense to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.