GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Track "Stance" Photos? (What size tires do you run?)

Teachmehowto20

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all,
wondering where the guys are on this forum that have nice meaty tires and a fat functional stance.

I feel like those arent the best examples. but what I am really trying to see is people with wide tires, that isnt stance.
Whats the widest tire width we can run on these cars? I am stock height currently and looking for suggestions. I looked in the wheel fitment thread, but found more offset and wheel sizes, versus tire sizes.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I've seen people run 245's at stock height with aftermarket wheels. Run 225's on my setup. Need to roll the front fenders ever so slightly because they rub on really hard corners.

clownish

just clowning around
Lowered a decent amount but not slammed, heavily modified front fenders probably 20-30mm wider than stock, rear fender wells modified as much as possible without modifying exterior body lines.

235/35/19 on hankook rs3 tires / et35 wheels

235/40/18 on hankook rs4 tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clownish

just clowning around
Those Volks look great Clownish, have them myself

Would love to see some pictures!

I’m a little annoyed that the caps I wanted are back ordered for another few weeks after waiting over a month to put these on... summer is half over. But I am very happy at how the car feels with these on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edy.Ct

Go Kart Champion
Lowered a decent amount but not slammed, heavily modified front fenders probably 20-30mm wider than stock, rear fender wells modified as much as possible without modifying exterior body lines.

235/35/19 on hankook rs3 tires / et35 wheels

Name of these wheels? Thanks :D

hungti75

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm still on factory unmolested fenders, and I don't have camber plates either, so I'm keeping the 235/40-18 PSS's until I need new tires.
After that I'm going with a 245/35-18 setup unless I can fit 245/40-18's, but that'll require rolling of fenders at the very least, probably adding camber plates as well.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I'm still on factory unmolested fenders, and I don't have camber plates either, so I'm keeping the 235/40-18 PSS's until I need new tires.
After that I'm going with a 245/35-18 setup unless I can fit 245/40-18's, but that'll require rolling of fenders at the very least, probably adding camber plates as well.

245/35 is almost equivalent to 225/40... 245/40 is too tall

hungti75

Passed Driver's Ed
245/35 is almost equivalent to 225/40... 245/40 is too tall

Yes, I know.
However, I'm actually not really happy with my ride height and would rather a little bigger tire, so plan is to raise the car slightly and fit a fat tire.

clownish

just clowning around
At a certain point, a fatter tire isn't helping too much since our cars aren't exactly tire monsters. I was pretty happy fitting a slightly larger tire in combination with much stiffer bushings and a heavily modified suspension that lets me play with where I'm planting the tire. When I toss a tire you can see the wear patterns clearly and it's interesting to play with settings to see where to move things around.