GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions

Old 03-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #29
Savagetoastness
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2010 VW GTI 4dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by trev1342 View Post
Maybe just a faulty module? Hopefully? What about the button on the steering wheel?
module - are you refering to the black box under the passanger seat ?? i unplugged it and plugged it back in hoping to reset the BT and make it work but no luck there either.

on the stearing wheel there is a phone button and no it does nothing .. was thinking about taking it to the VW dealership but they would charge me a $$$$$$$ arm and a leg to even look at it..

care only has 20k miles on it - (would it be under warranty possibly)??? anyone know
Savagetoastness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:21 PM   #30
trev1342
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: '14 GTI Driver's Edition DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savagetoastness View Post
module - are you refering to the black box under the passanger seat ?? i unplugged it and plugged it back in hoping to reset the BT and make it work but no luck there either.

on the stearing wheel there is a phone button and no it does nothing .. was thinking about taking it to the VW dealership but they would charge me a $$$$$$$ arm and a leg to even look at it..

care only has 20k miles on it - (would it be under warranty possibly)??? anyone know
As for the module, that's what I had in mind.. Considering the car has only 20k miles, that should still be under warranty. Isn't the warranty something of 3 years/36,000 miles?
DeAuto Full LED Kit w. Red Footwells - Aluminum Glove Box Handle - OEM Auto Euro Light Switch - VAG-COM - Clear Side Markers - Amber LED Side Marker Bulbs - APR Carbonio Intake - APR Stage 1 Tuned - OEM R8 Coil Packs - OEM Porsche Coolant/Oil Caps - Black Wiper Fluid Cap - ECS Carbon Fiber Engine Cover - Bright Halogen Fog Light Bulbs - OEM Golf R Euro LED Tails (R20) - DeAuto Amber Front/Rear LED Turn Signals - DeAuto LED Reverse Lights
trev1342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:49 AM   #31
KYGTIGuy
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: at nothing
Quote:
As for the module, that's what I had in mind.. Considering the car has only 20k miles, that should still be under warranty. Isn't the warranty something of 3 years/36,000 miles?
3 year or 36,000 miles, whatever comes first. Its a 2010 so it was probably sold in 2009 and thats when the clock starts ticking. This car has been out of warranty for coming up on 2 years.
KYGTIGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #32
Savagetoastness
Go Kart Newbie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYGTIGuy View Post
3 year or 36,000 miles, whatever comes first. Its a 2010 so it was probably sold in 2009 and thats when the clock starts ticking. This car has been out of warranty for coming up on 2 years.
ok so this week im gonna plug in my buddys BT module to see if maybe that will work - if it does work - then is it possible to find these modules used or aftermarket - if so how much ???
Old 04-01-2014, 03:37 PM   #33
KYGTIGuy
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: at nothing
Quote:
ok so this week im gonna plug in my buddys BT module to see if maybe that will work - if it does work - then is it possible to find these modules used or aftermarket - if so how much ???
Not sure on price. If memory serves, there are at least two different models. One allows for audio and phone calls and one is more advanced and allows for control or information being transferred to the cars display areas. Search the for sale section of this forum and see what's available. The more basic BT modules come up for sale randomly as others upgrade.
KYGTIGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:20 AM   #34
Vancity2Constantinople
Banned

Drives: OO------OO
dat R32 thoo

http://vdubs-only.v12soft.com/invent...atic-Dallas-TX
Vancity2Constantinople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #35
Savagetoastness
Go Kart Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
nope - im looking to lower my payments - and this care is 2 years older and more expensive so the bank wont loan it for as long since it has close to 90k miles on it as well - plus i HATE leather ;')
ya know

plus the mk5 is not my cup of tea got the mk6
Old 04-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #36
wireless
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 2dr DSG
+1

leather kinda sucks here in Texas lol

SOLD //// 2011 CSG 2dr DSG. || Unitronic Stage 2+ k04 || CTS catted downpipe || Magnablow catback || Unitronic Intake || H&R Sport's
wireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #37
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
Quote:
got the car all is good ++ But the Bluetooth wont work??
Pics of the car?

Quote:
What wheels do you have? I may upgrade from my Lagunas eventually...
I got TSW Interlagos, 18x8 at 19lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #38
Savagetoastness
Go Kart Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrickety View Post
Pics of the car?

ya everytime i try to upload a pic - just a cellphone pic - says its too big or something so it wont let me upload a pic .... hmm
Old 04-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #39
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
Try the photobucket app. Use the [IMG] links.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #40
trev1342
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
I really like the Interlagos wheels. Someday hopefully.
DeAuto Full LED Kit w. Red Footwells - Aluminum Glove Box Handle - OEM Auto Euro Light Switch - VAG-COM - Clear Side Markers - Amber LED Side Marker Bulbs - APR Carbonio Intake - APR Stage 1 Tuned - OEM R8 Coil Packs - OEM Porsche Coolant/Oil Caps - Black Wiper Fluid Cap - ECS Carbon Fiber Engine Cover - Bright Halogen Fog Light Bulbs - OEM Golf R Euro LED Tails (R20) - DeAuto Amber Front/Rear LED Turn Signals - DeAuto LED Reverse Lights
Old 04-08-2014, 09:33 PM   #41
Savagetoastness
Go Kart Newbie

Quote:
Try the photobucket app. Use the [IMG] links.
Let's see if this works
Old 04-09-2014, 08:39 AM   #42
trev1342
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Looks nice!