GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grovans "R" Golf MK6 (Norway)

Chrop

Ready to race!
Nope R-Line is cheaper than GTI.
Let's get things straight here ;):
There are 2 models on the market:
1. The R-Line (is the highline model Golf with 160hp engine or in some countries even the 170 TDI (or less I think coz the GTD is actually the 170 TDI) with a sports kit similar to the R20),
2. The R also known as R20 (replacement of R32).

My car if you check it out is the R-Line different front bumper but similar rear bumper apart from the valence and centre exhaust.

So guys with similar rides to me could simply swap the valence and rear exhaust to look like the R or R20.

Hope it's clear now!

Thanks for taking the time to write that.

Also R-line is a styling package that can be bought together with the Highline model. I did not buy it because i thought, thats what everyone gonna be riding with + its very expensive :)

Check previous page for black roof!

Last edited:

guesswho1983

Ready to race!
and if the roof it s black u may continue this ideea and touched with the mirrors.
u may painted the side mirrors in black to create a continuity with the roof;)

Chrop

Ready to race!
and if the roof it s black u may continue this ideea and touched with the mirrors.
u may painted the side mirrors in black to create a continuity with the roof;)

Thats my plan :) But i kinda have to wait until spring. As insurance and the fee for driving a car is coming very very soon. And i wont have much money during those times :p

Chrop

Ready to race!

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
Great build! Really like that roof wrap, thinking of doing it on my gti.

KIX

Passed Driver's Ed
Great looking Golf!!!

One quick question: Your steering wheel was a direct swap, dis you have to change anithing like harness or cables? was it take off connect and go?

thanks!

Chrop

Ready to race!
Great build! Really like that roof wrap, thinking of doing it on my gti.

Thanks mate :) Its a cheap way of getting the roof black. its made so that you can polish it too and add some vax to it!

u re car it s so beautiful....u change almost everything at exterior with best parts oem..great car

Thanks! You know it has taken alot of effort and alot of time, but im very pleased on how it looks right now. Cannot wait until March as i desperately want it lowered!

Do you have a higher-res version of this one?... I need a new background! :w00t:

http://www.webson.no/kristoffer/bilder/IMG_0655.JPG
http://www.webson.no/kristoffer/bilder/IMG_0665.jpg
http://www.webson.no/kristoffer/bilder/IMG_0808.jpg
http://www.webson.no/kristoffer/bilder/IMG_0834.jpg

Those are the best images i have at the moment. But i love to see that people want it as background :D Thanks!

Great looking Golf!!!

One quick question: Your steering wheel was a direct swap, dis you have to change anithing like harness or cables? was it take off connect and go?

thanks!

Thank you very much!
Direct swap, if you have Multifunction buttons from before tho.
Ive come across a guy in the norwegian vw audi club that have the problem with the wrong harness for it, as its the same wheel in scirocco, tiguan etc etc. So you need to be sure that the wheel you buy is for the Golf.
The golf version ofcourse fits to mk6 and also to golf mk5. All tho with some modifications ive seen a friend install it to his mk4 :clap:

More things are coming in:
RVC cables:

Bluetooth box:

Antenna for the bluetooth box:

Adapters:

Voicecontrol + microphone cable:

Mikrophone:

I nearly know where all wires are going.. :rolleyes:

GrisTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
really nice mods dude!
but that diffuser you painted is high gloss black. does the paint stay on?
i asked with my local painter and he sayed it will let loose in time.
i hope he is wrong!!

Last edited:

Chrop

Ready to race!
I have done some pre installing of the back-up camera until i get the RNS-510, ahead in time. So i pulled the wires for the back-up camera last weekend, some pictures:

Also i will install my bluetooth kit very soon enough. Cant wait to have that installed as mr police dont like me talking in my phone while driving :D

Chrop

Ready to race!
really nice mods dude!
but that diffuser you painted is high gloss black. does the paint stay on?
i asked with my local painter and he sayed it will let loose in time.
i hope he is wrong!!

Thanks mate :D
In order to paint the diffusers you will have to get rid of the texture on them by sanding it clean then paint. Problem is that VW made this plastic thinner then earlier models, means it wont survive much before it get cracks, like hitting snow or backing into things (BUT WHO DOES THAT ANYWAY??). Why your painter said that is because he was thinking about painting directly onto the texture, witch aint smart..