GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG issue- again--- what could it be?

Look at error code directly if you don't wanna be bothered...

So for anyone who knows me the only issue I have ever had beside the water pump is the DSG... When I first installed stage 3 gtx it was slipping but I kept driving it till the day I killed it.. Changed it under warranty but was still slipping (my guess is that the locally made dsg arent as good) so I quickly removed it sold it and got my self a second hand Germany made DSG (53b).

That was probably 4-5 month ago and the car has been great with litteraly no slipping and nice power (DM stage 3) until recently... Back to a new issue with dsg!!!

When I'm stuck in traffic where I'm constantly going first-neutral-first it will clunk loudly few times, it feels like when I'm in neutral it wants to go back to first.. If stuck in traffic and stop-go for 10-20 min the PNDRS will pop up and the car will get stuck in neutral..switch engine off 10min and back to normal.

Originaly I though it was the mechatronic that was acting funny when hot.. So I got a defi gauge and monitor the temp and there's no issue with that, usually around 80 to 110 degrees celcius.. Today the car did it when cold around 70 degrees but stuck in traffic for 10min..

Here's is the code I'm getting:

Error code:

19143 - Unexpected / Implausible Mechanical Gear Disengagement
P2711 - 004 - - Intermittent

I contacted http://autostarter.dk/ which specialize on TCU repairs and they told me 80% of the time this code isn't related to TCU.

What surprise me is that if I drive the car fast I have no issue, get stuck on traffic and it will act funny.. Any suggestion on what it could be?

Same thing happens to me im not tuned or anything completely stock . It happens at least once a day when ive driven the car for a long time. I usually restart it and then the cel comes on and i clear it but its such a pita and i theres an impending feeing that one days it just going to blow up and ill be SOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reshwitz

Ready to race!
So first DSG started slipping, you got it replaced under warranty, the replacement started slipping so you again swapped it out with a used DSG from Germany and it started slipping too.

Ever put any thought into the notion that Stage 3 power might just be too much for the DSG? You've killed every DSG you've put on the car.

Swap out to a 6MT, upgrade the clutch, and call it a day. Or maybe see if there are some aftermarket clutch packs for the DSG that can handle the power reliably.

sean@apr

Ready to race!
Swap out to a 6MT, upgrade the clutch, and call it a day. Or maybe see if there are some aftermarket clutch packs for the DSG that can handle the power reliably.

He's in China, they'd rather walk than drive a manual transmission car.

Unfortunately, I've never seen that fault code, so I can't offer any help with your problem. I'm sorry.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Call HPA and ask what they think. They don't have a super active rep on this forum. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

604-888-7274;103. <--- Phone and Extension. They are PST and are still open now.
Ask for Alan and say RJ with the GTI sent you.

So first DSG started slipping, you got it replaced under warranty, the replacement started slipping so you again swapped it out with a used DSG from Germany and it started slipping too.

Ever put any thought into the notion that Stage 3 power might just be too much for the DSG? You've killed every DSG you've put on the car.

That's the point, it's not slipping at all..I can drive it like a maniac and it will be ok even temp is fine.. Drive it in traffic and it will start acting funny although within reasonable temps.

I like manual as I'm from europe, but in Beijing there's constant traffic jams and automatic gearbox helps make life easier.. Considered more than once especially it's very cheap and could get the AWD conversion at half the price of the DSG awd

Hoosier Daddy1

Ready to race!
yes, thats the first thing i did..
I'm now thinking to try another tcu to rule that out

Do a filter and Oil change. Use Motuls DCTF if you can. Works really well.
Also, do a DSG recalibration with VAG-COM before the fluid change and perform the test drive as described.

rfteam1

Passed Driver's Ed
from various sources and mostly golfmkv.com it seems that issue P2711 is related to clutches.

anybody replaced the clutches ?

thanks anyway

a3scott20

Ready to race!
I have burnt two DSG OE clutch kits and one Dodson clutch kit (600WHP support) and I am only a hybrid K04 (LOBA LO412) that horsepower is not even close to 400WHP.

My story is... I was fine without any clutch slippage on both APR and Eurodyne K04 ECU and both with APR TCU. My car was in the shop for engine built, LO412 turbo, LOBA HPFP and larger injectors, I also switched my ECU file to Greece Etuners as they could solve my cold start issue that caused by IE intake manifold.

Running nearly 1 month there was no slippage as my engine was still breaking in so I did not get my boost high. After engine break in, I could feel my clutch was slipped (see picture 20160208 - 20160216) immediately when boost high, so I had my clutch replaced with another new OE clutch kit. But the slippage (see 20160220 - 20160328) came back again less than one month, and this time my transmission got damage because of some chips, so I had to replace my synchronous mechanism, DSG mechatronic unit, solenoid valve and OE clutch kit (again). I thought it was finally done but it’s not, clutch slippage again, and I started to think it’s ECU software issue then I switched back to Eurodyne, slippage was improved and less but still there sometime when doing kick-down from D6 to D4. I replaced again my clutch kit with an upgraded Dodson clutch kit which is able to hold 600WHP according to their website.
Everything was fine with Eurodyne ECU and APR TCU until I switched to Greece Etuners’ ECU file, I could feel slippage again even with Dodson clutch kit within two weeks, unbelievable. I switched back to Eurodyne ECU file and slippage is gone. Recently I switched my TCU to GIAC DSG stage3, and it seems GIAC file holds my Dodson clutch more harder and more smooth.

20160208 - 20160216:
20160208.jpg20160216.jpg
20160216A.jpg20160216B.jpg

20160220 - 20160328:
20160220.jpg20160318.jpg
20160319.jpg20160328 (1).jpg
20160328 (2).jpg20160328 (3).jpg
20160328 (4).jpg20160328 (5).jpg
20160328 (6).jpg20160328 (7).jpg
20160328 (8).jpg20160328 (10).jpg

rfteam1

Passed Driver's Ed
Impressive review, well done !
My opinion is that Dsg works great when it's new with stock engine peripherals, but when HP's raise it seems that problems mostly slippage occurs a lot.. Good you sorted that out Scott !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk