GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need input with what to do to my car

brendendamon2

Hi guys I just bought a 2012 4 door 6 speed gti with 20 k miles I want to make my car special and I'm in a rut with what I should do with it so I'm open to others input on what I should do. I want to do an intake and an exhaust with a chip and I'm also looking to do exterior upgrades. All opinions and feedback are more than welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Nice buy and welcome! I just got my 2013 3 weeks ago also. Very fun car. Intake and tune sounds good but the downpipe would be more important than the exhaust if you plan to go stage 2 other wise a stage 1 would be fine without the down pipe and the catback would give it some nice sound :) and the Intake will open up the discharge sound and have it sound "psh" its it's an open filter

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

Sauce118

Ready to race!
i agree.. there are TONS of threads on this.. with 10000's of different ideas.. also check out people's build threads for some ideas..When i first came on to this site, i clicked every build link i could find.. i got a lot of my ideas from doing this.. plus the threads as i already mentioned. Click the blue link below for starters!! :)

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Yes. That is what I'm doing also since all questions have already been answered

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
Enjoy it stock for a bit, you'll appreciate the power that much more when you get it. When you have enough saved-up to justify supporting mods go straight to Stage 2. Better downpipe + tune = fast (well slow-car fast) and great sounds. And don't forget the new clutch!

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
Lower it before anything else! And take your time modding it. Sometimes I regret going to k04 within 6 months of buying my car lol

jjohns1508

Ready to race!
led tail lights

KO7

Ready to race!
LED tails and tint would be my first mods if I were you. After that, the possibilities are endless. Welcome and enjoy!