GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
why the hell did a VW CC 2.0T continuously pull on me top end on the highway.. it was pretty close but he kept pulling slightly over and over.. thought it would be the other way around.. isn't he much heavier?? appeared stock for sure.. im basically stock also..

oh and previous gen lexus gs350 pulled on me also this morning.. not a good commute.. stage 1 christmas present on deck now.. lol

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
why the hell did a VW CC 2.0T continuously pull on me top end on the highway.. it was pretty close but he kept pulling slightly over and over.. thought it would be the other way around.. isn't he much heavier?? appeared stock for sure.. im basically stock also..

oh and previous gen lexus gs350 pulled on me also this morning.. not a good commute.. stage 1 christmas present on deck now.. lol

The CC may have been tuned

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
The CC may have been tuned

This, plus my bicycle would pull on a stock Mk6 Gti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
I'd like to see that.

c72k

Go Kart Champion

Complains that he doesn't win while racing with a stock GTI:laugh:

Chris659

Ready to race!
So I recently added a p&p k04 and p&p HPA IM but am still on low boost file and stock DSG tune (done a week ago as of this post). So this past weekend was my first time really getting to put some time behind the wheel since the new mods.

On my way to Fixx Fest Saturday I found a 05-07ish Carrera S vert weaving through traffic a lil ways ahead of me... so I decided to catch up to him to see if we could have some fun. I followed him cutting through traffic and his first chance of clear traffic he tried pulling away and quickly found me deep in his a$$. We caught up to more traffic and kept weaving through for a while and every chance he got he tried pulling away. Never could even when he had a clear in traffic before me.

Finally I worked my way past him and stayed next to him for a brief moment to find a mid 60s guy giving me the WTF look as I then pulled away. I think it burned him more than I'm in a '12 Beetle Turbo :D
Just looked up the cars specs and stock it's 0-60 in 4 and 12.2 1/4m so it's no slouch

Tried having fun with a bright orange GTI on the way home but he wasn't interested. Would only drop way back when I got near

Can't wait to put the intercooler on and get the high boost and DSG files!

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
So I recently added a p&p k04 and p&p HPA IM but am still on low boost file and stock DSG tune (done a week ago as of this post). So this past weekend was my first time really getting to put some time behind the wheel since the new mods.

On my way to Fixx Fest Saturday I found a 05-07ish Carrera S vert weaving through traffic a lil ways ahead of me... so I decided to catch up to him to see if we could have some fun. I followed him cutting through traffic and his first chance of clear traffic he tried pulling away and quickly found me deep in his a$$. We caught up to more traffic and kept weaving through for a while and every chance he got he tried pulling away. Never could even when he had a clear in traffic before me.

Finally I worked my way past him and stayed next to him for a brief moment to find a mid 60s guy giving me the WTF look as I then pulled away. I think it burned him more than I'm in a '12 Beetle Turbo :D
Just looked up the cars specs and stock it's 0-60 in 4 and 12.2 1/4m so it's no slouch

Tried having fun with a bright orange GTI on the way home but he wasn't interested. Would only drop way back when I got near

From doing a few runs with a friends dads 996 Carrera Cabriolet (stock 6 speed convertible) I can tell you that a well running Stage 2 car is a match for them, at least that generation, stage 2 will jump out half a car and then they'll reel you in at high speeds and pull. I can't imagine what a k04 did to that guys feelings. :lol:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

LOL you kept the kicker to the end. Nice! Let us know how it feels after the balls-deep tune

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Chris659

Ready to race!
Here's a pic for reference:

https://flic.kr/p/ySgw9F

I'm having a custom front bumper made now that uses the whole lower half of the mkvi r but my fender lines and upper half. Should be done in a few weeks then have to let it cure for a month to put paint protection film on it before it sees the road

He used a wire mesh melted in from the backside the entire stretch of the seam. He grabbed it and just started shaking it all around and flexing all over the place and didn't stress or crack at the seam.

Here is an early picture of it just after bonding the two together.

https://flic.kr/p/M1wUnS

zrickety

The Fixer
Whoa, pretty cool.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Here's a pic for reference:

https://flic.kr/p/ySgw9F

I'm having a custom front bumper made now that uses the whole lower half of the mkvi r but my fender lines and upper half. Should be done in a few weeks then have to let it cure for a month to put paint protection film on it before it sees the road

He used a wire mesh melted in from the backside the entire stretch of the seam. He grabbed it and just started shaking it all around and flexing all over the place and didn't stress or crack at the seam.

Here is an early picture of it just after bonding the two together.

https://flic.kr/p/M1wUnS

That looks sick! I've always been a fan of this latest style turbo beetle, just the ultimate WTF did I just get smoked by when you have a quick one and tear past them haha!

I've been AWOL from here myself for a while...I've had a few pulls here and there but nothing worthwhile, usually just shitboxes that keep trying to egg me on until I'm forced (figuratively) to show them just how slow they are.

I did have an SRT8 Challenger in front of me a few weeks ago on the freeway, he gunned it and so I followed suit, he started pulling on me but I think being directly behind him helped me not lose quite so much distance. Two pulls, him in front and me behind (whatever that counts for, no homo :lol:), first one I stayed maybe 2 cars behind to 90, second one we went to around 110 and he put around 4-5 on me. I was pretty happy with that given they run around a high 12 to low 13 quarter (based on the magazines).
I'd love to run into him again though, just threw a sexy little number under the hood ;)

Last edited: