GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealer refused to sell the car because I requested free mat kit :O

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Well 30k is what you should be paying for a fully-loaded autobahn GTI so it wasn't a good deal anyways :) However that makes it more ridiculous for him not to throw in the mats, when he was getting a great deal. Car salesmen! :middlefinger:

Agreed! Seems like there are a lot of people giving the OP flack when he is indeed paying $30K for a car, a set of monster mats would not break them.

GTAye1

Ready to race!
One hundred and forty eight thousand US dollars? Just wanted to make sure I was reading that correctly. You could buy 2 GT-R's or an Audi R8 and a GTI with money leftover for mods with that.

Yep. 148,000 USD.

Sure you could do that.. R8 is at least half a million and GTRs are around 300,000. My figures might be off a bit, but its one of the most expensive to own a car in the world.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I love reading this threads title. It makes me smile every time it's bumped. :)

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
+1 on your 'deal' not being a deal

+1 on everyone questioning your negotiating skills (walking away on this haggle-point that far down-stream is kinda pissy)

One is in your favor, one is kinda not. They're probably related.

Look, there are the interwebs. 1 hour research will give you inventory/prices on every model on every patch of asphalt within a 3 hour drive. That kind of negotiating leverage is nothing to sneeze at. Get informed, get financing offers from your bank/credit union, and get serious. These guys are working for a living and you're wasting their time.

I've got some friends in the biz; apparently, every month there is that customer who bitches and moans and walks back and tangos, over every single option and minutiae, wasting full business days of these people's time... only to get rejected at the eleventh hour, after the sales staff slaves the details, because the 'customer' doesn't qualify for financing.

Despite losing a sale and jeopardizing their monthly numbers, the sales staff is elated. Why? Schadenfreude.

Don't be that dude. Do your homework, tell them what you want, negotiate, whatever, but don't be that dude.

kniteshift

Ready to race!
Same here man. We should organize some SF meets.

yeah. there's so many GTI's in the city. As there are smart cars, fiats, and minis. people are wising up on the street parking since it's so damn expensive... especially in downtown.

Huang415

Ready to race!
yeah. there's so many GTI's in the city. As there are smart cars, fiats, and minis. people are wising up on the street parking since it's so damn expensive... especially in downtown.

Yup. As GTI's are very compact, it is very easy to squeeze into small parking spots. Gas mileage is pretty efficient when driving around the city.