GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forgive an old man, but why so low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Alana is a guest vocalist that does come to tour with them often, but she's technically not part of the group.

In almost every song.

In almost every music video.

She should be part of the group :p

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
That's the first NERO track I heard thanks to High Contrast, can't tell me that sounds like "video game music" lol

Not impressed at all. Are you a musician by any chance? cos I think I could create that style of music about 4 weeks after coming home with a program from Guitar Center and yep, sounds exactly like the shit my roomate created in his bedroom almost 15 years ago and the same stuff I've heard before. The two step beat is one of the most boring and repetitive beats ever imho, and that's coming from a guy who played grind metal blast beats.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Not impressed at all. Are you a musician by any chance? cos I think I could create that style of music about 4 weeks after coming home with a program from Guitar Center and yep, sounds exactly like the shit my roomate created in his bedroom almost 15 years ago and the same stuff I've heard before. The two step beat is one of the most boring and repetitive beats ever imho, and that's coming from a guy who played grind metal blast beats.

If the two step beat bores you, I wonder what you think of the "Amen break", which is the cornerstone of drum and bass, hip hop, and other genres.

I've dabbled with a few pieces of equipment in the past (Roland TB-303, TR-808, TR-909, Juno 106, Moog Minimoogs, etc.) but I wouldn't consider myself a musician per se.

If he was creating that 15 years ago, then he would have been a pioneer since Roni Size, Alex Reece, Photek, and Adam F were pioneering jazzy drum and bass around that time period.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
Nero is two guys, FYI.

That's the first NERO track I heard thanks to High Contrast, can't tell me that sounds like "video game music" lol

sounds like a track that would be in a high contrast set. Always like that kind of DnB.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Speaking of video game music:

thats much better, lol.

If the two step beat bores you, I wonder what you think of the "Amen break", which is the cornerstone of drum and bass, hip hop, and other genres.

I've dabbled with a few pieces of equipment in the past (Roland TB-303, TR-808, TR-909, Juno 106, Moog Minimoogs, etc.) but I wouldn't consider myself a musician per se.

If he was creating that 15 years ago, then he would have been a pioneer since Roni Size, Alex Reece, Photek, and Adam F were pioneering jazzy drum and bass around that time period.

He did listen to Roni Size a lot, yes. and it was probably more around the year 2000. He DJ'd out and about, made tapes, did shows with the singer of the old punk band The Necros. But yeah, I just think that beat is so weak compared to other beats and I would play a lot of hip hop style beats (on the drums) in songs or just for fun, those just seem more.. interesting, lol.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
DUBPL8, what are your thoughts on BT, Paul Oakenfold, Rob Dougan?

fpayson

Ready to race!
So.... why so low again? haha

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion

Werd. This sounds like a lesser version of everything 1997-2001. Roni Size, Future Sound of London, Aphex Twin, Prodigy(Music for the Jilted Generation), even Chemical Brothers. I guess music is cyclical. The wheel re-invented.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
DUBPL8, what are your thoughts on BT, Paul Oakenfold, Rob Dougan?

BT I got a lot of respect for, but he's lately gone off the deep end too.

I remember when he performed live (no laptop BS) and had some cutting-edge productions at his prime, now I'm not so willing to give him a listen anymore.

Oakenfold, I loved him at first, then hated him, then went back to embracing him again...his recent Essential Mix is awesome.

Rob Dougan? Haven't heard ANYTHING from him since 2003 lol

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
thats much better, lol.

He did listen to Roni Size a lot, yes. and it was probably more around the year 2000. He DJ'd out and about, made tapes, did shows with the singer of the old punk band The Necros. But yeah, I just think that beat is so weak compared to other beats and I would play a lot of hip hop style beats (on the drums) in songs or just for fun, those just seem more.. interesting, lol.

Man I bet you'd hate Decoder, Tech Itch, Ed Rush & Optical, Fierce, Jonny L, and all those techstep guys because they were all about the two step beat hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.