GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone from Detroit or the Michigan Area?

redlulu

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking for good tire installer Detroit area

Please see my thread /post in Wheels/Tires section
Thank you.

FasDarken

Ready to race!
...from windsor...different country but close.

Spin Cykle

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone want to do a GTG one weekend? I'm sure there is somewhere we could all meet that's close for everyone. From my understanding the VW scene is fairly small here in Detroit. I know there is an open track day up at Watterford Hills on October 3rd. Anybody down for this?

DimaGT

Ready to race!
I from the border of Grosse Pointe Park and Detroit.

Anyone going to open track day at waterford racing on October 2nd?

AutobahnGTI1

would love to go, but I will be on vacation that weekend.. much deserved.

That weekend though on Saturday... Kart 2 Kart in Sterling Heights has a car show, starts at 8-8:30.. coffee... and karting for $10. There is usually a few VWs.. BMWs.. Lotus... etc there. You should check it out.

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
would love to go, but I will be on vacation that weekend.. much deserved.

That weekend though on Saturday... Kart 2 Kart in Sterling Heights has a car show, starts at 8-8:30.. coffee... and karting for $10. There is usually a few VWs.. BMWs.. Lotus... etc there. You should check it out.

That show was actually last saturday (11th) I went to the August show in my white 4door MK6 (There were 3 of them, mine had the hood lifted :happyanim:)

The next Cars and Coffee event there is on October 2nd.
And I was thinking about going to the open track day at Waterford Hills but I'm not sure if I want to run my car.

AutobahnGTI1

Yes, 1st Saturday of every month except last month and I was there with the other CW GTI. Track day is fun, but dangerous... Why? Because you never know how stupid other drivers are. I have seen some really strange things. For me.. Autocross events.. Or rent out the track with some people you know for a few hours.

If you see this car around, that's me.. Upgrades sitting in my garage waiting to be installed:

HR Touring Cup Kit suspension
APR Turbo-back Exhaust

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Dexter, MI Here. :thumbup:

MuttGrunt

Ready to race!
I'm around the Metro-Detroit area myself. I know a couple of guys here (Hi MrTopher2 and DimaGT). Sorry I'm late, but I'm not exactly an owner, but can certainly answer questions on car care and such (the reason I signed up).

Hope to see some of you around!