GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
Was the car level when you installed the pendulum or did you just have the front lifted? If it’s not level the engine and transmission will lean one direction or the other and “twist” the two mounts they’re still connected to. So when you try to line up the holes for the pendulum you need to kind of push everything to where they would be if the car were level.

When I recently installed my pendulum I put the entire car on stands and the whole job took five minutes. The holes were about 99% lined up and just needed a slight nudge in one direction to get them started.

I only lifted the front of the car. So I made my job so much harder, I see. Perhaps I will remember that for next time.

SJC

Ready to race!
Received my ST coil overs.
Tomorrow I get them installed.
I’m both stoked and a bit concerned about the ride comfort.
?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
bought a new car to daily. 2012 tiguan 4motion. this will be fun.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Did the spark plugs @80k mi. Used NGK platinum plugs. Bought them off Amazon so was worried they might be counterfeits, but the packaging looked authentic and the build quality on the plugs was very good (i.e., didn't have any of the signs of being a ripoffs).

No CELs and can't feel any misfires. Only hiccup was I broke one of the clips on the damn connector harness. Pretty easy job otherwise.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
20 hours!

Well what's important is that you think it was time well spent :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The biggest time suck was the mounting racks for the amp & LC7i. Mocking up, designing, building, painting, and carpeting each rack is time consuming.

That and my OCD with the wiring. There are 17 wires terminated to the LC7i and 19 to the amp. I managed to make those wires all but disappear.

It's a done job now and I know that I did it to the best of my ability.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Got the new wheels and tires mounted up today. I'm going to give the tires 500 easy miles before I push them around anything, but even in casual driving I can tell a difference. Turn in takes less effort to the point that I have to correct my muscle memory as I keep turning the wheel too far too fast as I go around corners. The ride is more "chatty", as in I feel like I can feel small details on the road better; I haven't hit any large bumps, so I can't comment on that. Acceleration feels a little easier at low RPMs.

As far as aesthetics, I'm not sold on them just yet. After 10 years with the stock Detroits it's going to take a minute to used to a 17" wheel with a more "delicate" design and a matte paint finish is going to take some getting used to.

The wheels certainly don't look bad, they just look foreign to me at the moment.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Got the new wheels and tires mounted up today. I'm going to give the tires 500 easy miles before I push them around anything, but even in casual driving I can tell a difference. Turn in takes less effort to the point that I have to correct my muscle memory as I keep turning the wheel too far too fast as I go around corners. The ride is more "chatty", as in I feel like I can feel small details on the road better; I haven't hit any large bumps, so I can't comment on that. Acceleration feels a little easier at low RPMs.

As far as aesthetics, I'm not sold on them just yet. After 10 years with the stock Detroits it's going to take a minute to used to a 17" wheel with a more "delicate" design and a matte paint finish is going to take some getting used to.

The wheels certainly don't look bad, they just look foreign to me at the moment.

You'll soon find the superior handling aspects of 17's...not to mention the weight advantage. Detroit's are crazy heavy.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
You'll soon find the superior handling aspects of 17's...not to mention the weight advantage. Detroit's are crazy heavy.

Oh yeah, I’m really looking forward to going on a mountain run. I’d like to see how much better the car transitions back and forth on a road like Deal’s Gap now.

I think the last two things I want to do before I get to the clutch and add some power is to add a little negative camber up front and install a set of adjustable swaybar end links. I’m betting that the preload from the fixed length end links aren’t doing anything good to the car’s handling.