GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Super Sport Springs

Felix1

Passed Driver's Ed

VWghost26

Ready to race!
You are in the same Dilemma as I am...........driving year round with the chance of crappy roads and definite chance of enough snow to rip your bumper or lip off. I'm looking into the pro kit from eibach or possibly even the vw sport springs. I'd love to go low but until I dump money in to adjustable coilovers (not likely anytime soon) I'm baffled. By the way is felix your first or last name?

KiwiKawaii

Ready to race!
My friend has H&R SS on his 2011 GTI and hes coping fine with the roads so far but since your's is a 2.5, I'd think its better to install the H&R sports or Pro-kit. The Golf has softer dampers than the GTI and I think the SS springs are too much of a drop for the dampers. If your upgrading your dampers as well, then SS springs shouldn't be a problem in toronto. Just need to be careful with parking lots and curbs.

the_abuse

Ready to race!
im getting them i found a place that sells the super sports for like $189 ECSis to much money. I live in northern canada and have a sportline 2.5 its the stiffer suspension so i think i will be fine

GolfGTIGirl

Ready to race!
I went with the H&R Touring Cup kit from ecstuning.com and will be installing it within the week! I will post feedback about it, but living in Montreal, you simply learn to avoid potholes and keep to better quality roads (which are few and far between, but I manage)

00noma

Passed Driver's Ed
bump this - have a 2.5 golf but not sure if I should go with H&R sports, H&R Super sports, or H&R touring cup kit? not looking to slam it, just clean it up and maintain a comfy ride

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
bump this - have a 2.5 golf but not sure if I should go with H&R sports, H&R Super sports, or H&R touring cup kit? not looking to slam it, just clean it up and maintain a comfy ride

Your struts will be killed in no time. Id go with the pro kit.

Felix1

Passed Driver's Ed
You are in the same Dilemma as I am...........driving year round with the chance of crappy roads and definite chance of enough snow to rip your bumper or lip off. I'm looking into the pro kit from eibach or possibly even the vw sport springs. I'd love to go low but until I dump money in to adjustable coilovers (not likely anytime soon) I'm baffled. By the way is felix your first or last name?

yeah coil overs is a bit pricey right now. Its my last name

VWghost26

Ready to race!
yeah coil overs is a bit pricey right now. Its my last name

Cool.....just haven't seen too many people with the same last name as me. Good luck with the ride.

00noma

Passed Driver's Ed
can we get some pics of 2.5's dropped in here?

we have a 2 door 5mt 2.5 and I ordered 18" BBS CO's / 225/40/18s for it and I want to clean it up without spending too much

Mikeymeatball1

Passed Driver's Ed
just ordered coils today, been riding h&r super sports on stock struts for about 8 months, and live on long island new york, and the roads here can be horrible as well, ive also been riding around on 16s and dont scrape much at all( i did however scrape on my other set up which were 15s) struts/shocks still are good, were a tad bouncey but what can you expect. hope this helped? pic