GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf RS rumor

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I hope they bring it, no one knows for sure. If they are going to make the difference between a golf and gti greater, in the mk7 ie lighter weight materials and greater horsepower jump then this sounds like a benchmark jump from the gti to an R or RS that could be feasible given that all the components are on the shelf right now.

Dayv

Ready to race!
The R is $33,900 unless you need a sunroof and nav. As long as they sell a RS without any lame noisemaker speakers I'll pay anything in the $30-40K range.

The somewhat curiously named sunroof and nav package also adds KESSY and Dynaudio. It's quite a feature upgrade for just $1500. I think the base R only exists to bring the starting MSRP under 34k.

Dayv

Ready to race!
If that fast and with four doors and AWD, I'd consider it with either trans. BUT... as many have said, thats IF it ever comes here, and if it does, the point about 2016 or 2017 is also probably spot on as well. Not sure I'd wait that long.

2017 is the earliest I'd be looking to trade my R, so if they time it for then, I'm in.

I doubt we'll see it in the US at all, though.

Attachments

• keep dreaming.png
    keep dreaming.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 109

tr_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
are they goona stop making the golf r after this comes out

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The somewhat curiously named sunroof and nav package also adds KESSY and Dynaudio. It's quite a feature upgrade for just $1500. I think the base R only exists to bring the starting MSRP under 34k.

great point on the base R / MSRP issue.

2017 is the earliest I'd be looking to trade my R, so if they time it for then, I'm in.

I doubt we'll see it in the US at all, though.

agreed on both points, and yeah, by then I should still have the GTI with a nice other German bred race machine in the garage, which will not be another VW...

GTDMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
as always VW will f*** those in US and keep it EU spec only

can't understand VW marketing. Only US folks can't go to Walmart and pick up a 35K Golf R on the way back home. Not so many Europeans can afford a 30K Golf, and even if they can, the surely buy a Benz or BMW just because

make that 25% more expensive and Euro pricing too

You Americans make me laugh...

Would you like to explain your statement "not so many Europeans can afford a 30k golf". A $30k golf in Europe is a very ordinary one. The GTI/GTD over here will easily run in excess of $50k without trying too hard but still they sell them in huge numbers. It is a very ordinary car over here.

Do I understand from your statement that you understand us "Europeans" to all be on the poverty line? Oh how we all aspire to be wealthy and sophisticated like you Americans!

p.s. I'm not trying to provoke a European - American war (I like you guys) merely pointing out that it is statements like that which tarnish Americans as ignorant.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion

Would you like to explain your statement "not so many Europeans can afford a 30k golf". A $30k golf in Europe is a very ordinary one. The GTI/GTD over here will easily run in excess of $50k without trying too hard but still they sell them in huge numbers. It is a very ordinary car over here.

Do I understand from your statement that you understand us "Europeans" to all be on the poverty line? Oh how we all aspire to be wealthy and sophisticated like you Americans!

p.s. I'm not trying to provoke a European - American war (I like you guys) merely pointing out that it is statements like that which tarnish Americans as ignorant.

Best chuckle of the day! Amen brother.

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
lol. American pricing is fantastic. Come across the border neighbour and see what you can get for your 30K.

GTITX1

Ready to race!

It's because you are all on the dole. :laugh:

Face it, the US is awesome, and the rest of the world is a 3rd world shithole that can barely afford to eat.

Just in case there is any question /sarcasm