GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help Mod My Car!!

MarcSG

Ready to race!
Hey, heres pictures of my car. Was raining practically all week and they are the best shots I could get for now. Anyways was just wondering what mods I need to do for the car. In list a priority? Was thinking exterior things for now.
Led R Tails, Tint, Callipers sprayed red, Interior Red Lights, Exterior Blue Lights, Visor Windscreen Strip etc. Any ideas what I should do to enhance appearance. All comments will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 28102010052.jpg
    28102010052.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 182
  • 28102010053.jpg
    28102010053.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 28102010051.jpg
    28102010051.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 28102010055.jpg
    28102010055.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 28102010054.jpg
    28102010054.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 236
  • 28102010058.jpg
    28102010058.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 203

MarcSG

Ready to race!
Hey, heres pictures of my car. Was raining practically all week and they are the best shots I could get for now. Anyways was just wondering what mods I need to do for the car. In list a priority? Was thinking exterior things for now.
Led R Tails, Tint, Callipers sprayed red, Interior Red Lights, Exterior Blue Lights, Visor Windscreen Strip etc. Any ideas what I should do to enhance appearance. All comments will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 28102010051.jpg
    28102010051.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 28102010052.jpg
    28102010052.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 138
  • 28102010053.jpg
    28102010053.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 28102010055.jpg
    28102010055.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 28102010058.jpg
    28102010058.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 28102010054.jpg
    28102010054.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 143

MichaelLegaspi

Ready to race!

Your on the right track, LED tails are a must- it changes the whole cars look entirely. I personally think the R Lines are too dark, I have the normal Golf ones and I think they look good against my UG color.

Most people will tell you to lower your car, and then get wheels.
I'd rather get the wheels I like first, then work my way around them compared to suspension work. But that's just me, I can live with the wheel gap as I'm going to run wider tires.

In terms of cosmetic priority its really up to you, if you intend to get them all I would not stress too much about the order. Debadging or blacking out emblems are some of the super cheap cosmetic mods.

For performance priority, most people will tell you to get a stage 1 tune (Not sure if there is for the GTD). If you have a manual an Autotech motor mount and/or deiselgeek short shifter is also a good investment.

Congrats on your new car, enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
First of all, your car already looks awesome. My problem with the Mk6 is that everything came so perfect, I don't want to change it much. I miss modding.

LED R tails would look awesome. You could shave the rear emblem, and LaminX the rear reflectors to clean up the back.

I would lose the window cover rain guards, but with your weather in Ireland, perhaps their function outweights the aesthetics.

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
It's nice to start cheaper so that you can really appreciate the bigger mods later on, if you know what I mean. I started with yellow foglight bulbs ($20 on ebay with free shipping). I also did floor mats (anthracite with red lined edges and nice GTI logo embroidering) that I found as a crazy MKV discontinued closeout deal - $36 plus shipping (crazy steal!)

I've had my R LEDs in for about a month now, and I have to say that I absolutely love them. They really make the back look so much meaner. I personally like the look of the reflectors also, if you tint, spray, or vinyl them away you'll be left with a funny spot for a reflector with no reflector.

My next mod is shipping, a new intake from BSH and sometime this year I'm going to go REVO stage 1.

Doing cosmetic mods first is great because it lets you appreciate the car (driving wise) for what it is. That way when you add performance mods on later you can really appreciate them also and what extra power you might get.

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
Nice GTD!

My only input is do things right the first time and don't waste money on cheap things that you'll most likely regret soon enough. Spend time researching parts that suit your tastes.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion

oh man... it's Shadows little brother!!!

those rear tail lights look pretty gross when they're off but look pretty passable lit up. :iono:

as far as suspension and wheels, definitely do suspension first. nice rims look silly with huge wheel gap. besides, lowering your car makes SUCH A BIG DIFFERENCE style wise. you meet even reconsider getting new rims all together when you see your stock wheels with a lower ride. but again, thats just my opinion.

MarcSG

Ready to race!
First of all thanks for the effort some of ye put into comments. Firstly I will be keeping the mudflaps and wind deflectors as weather is just rain and roads are covered in farmers crap so without flaps my car gets extermely dirty fast with spray of dirt. I will be getting the car tinted next week and upload some photos for ye plus the deflectors will be tinted and maybe the back bumper light reflectors. €160 for car tinted. Wheres the best place to get the R rear lights? And how much will the cost? I see on ebay from germany they are like 550 then postage on top of that :S or is it best to go to the local dealer?

MarcSG

Ready to race!
I might change the rims but I wont be lowering as I do alot of mileage throughout the year and the roads in Ireland are pretty bad and makes lowering extremely uncomfortable. The rims are worth a bit as they are factory 18''s, whats the big fascination about blacking the emblems etc..? I'll be uploading pictures of mods I have done for people to see differences before and after.. cheers for comments.