GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Black Out Emblems and Orbit V3 Shift Knob

bigwavedave

How to black out emblems?

So i bought a black 4door 2011 GTI and want to black out all chrome emblems. How do i go about doing this? Can i buy them already done or do you suggest doing them my self? Can i safely remove front and back without damage? buying black matte rims also so should i matte the emblems also? :confused: :confused:

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
Haha yes it has the ricer lights and everything!

Install was very easy as it came prewired, and also had extra connections if I wanted to throw some defi gauges below the temp. console.

Its a great knob, sits lower than the stock one an is weighted at 250g which makes shifting a lot less labored an smooth.

noob here. what are defi gauges?

heartcoke

Ready to race!
nice job on the plastidip, even more encouragement for me to do it too.

MichaelLegaspi

Ready to race!
Thanks for the compliments, my car looks much different now. When it stops raining in Norcal I can take some decent photos. I know thats nothing compared to people who get snow- but in Cali your spoiled rotten :p.

For the DIY, I hate to be a "search" button person but there are many threads on this under Plastidipping Emblems and removing the front grille. If I can find it without asking, you can too. (Not trying to be a dick on purpose)

Nice to see there are other blacked out emblem fans out there. :w00t:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
How do you take out the front Emblems of the grill? instructions plzzz

I still never figured out the VW one on this new grille setup (MK5 was easy)

But for the GTI one, you gotta take the grille off (2 torx screws & then pull it off).....then just unclip the GTI emblem from the back

pinoycuh1

Ready to race!
I still never figured out the VW one on this new grille setup (MK5 was easy)

But for the GTI one, you gotta take the grille off (2 torx screws & then pull it off).....then just unclip the GTI emblem from the back

THANK YOU helped me out big timee