GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW R400

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
:lol:

Looks like fitment is off...

I thought the same thing, but then after staring at it, I think that's just camera perspective. If it's not, talk about fail... sexy as fuck exhaust at and auto show with poor fitment.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The world goes round and round.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
According to VW, it IS going into production. That doesn't mean we will see it in North America though. :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

emk6

Ready to race!
This isn't happening for the US market. Would any of us buy a 40k-45k awe Golf?

krische

vdubber in training
Would any of us buy a 40k-45k awe Golf?

I would if I could afford a 40k-45k car. I don't give two craps about the "image" of a VW vs an Audi or BMW. In fact I'd rather have the VW I think. Gives it more of a sleeper feel. No one expects a friggin VW Golf that has 400 horsepower and goes 0-60 in 3.9 seconds. Plus I know if they were to throw an Audi badge on it and sell it as the RS3, the MSRP would automatically go up by $5k. I'd rather have the same car, but cheaper because it has a VW badge on it.

40k usd is not even the price of a GTI in Europe or a made in China GTI... An imported golf R in China cost $58,000.

So my guess this limited edition will be pricey but as any limited edition it's likely to gain value instead of losing it... I d buy it just for that, you could buy it drive it for 2 years and sell it for the price you bought it.. That's the case with the BMW 1M which was limited to 800 units for china, it kept its new price till now.